BC Boards

AKC Agility World Team Invitational

For those of you who are not familiar, each year, each country sends a team of dogs to compete at the World Agility Competition. Teams from all over the world compete against each other. It's kind of like the Agility Olympics I guess you could say. This year the competition will be held in Portugal. Each country sends a team of 4 mini (small) dogs and 4 open (big) dogs. The AKC hosts an invitational competition for dogs in the USA to go and compete for a spot on the team. That invitational competition was held over the weekend near Detroit, Michigan.

I am so proud to report that this year, my puppy's mother "Flurry" placed 3rd at this invitational event. She had 4 clean, fast awesome rounds, and was running with a new handler. The competition was indoors on carpet and the big dogs have to jump 26". Needless to say, a lot of dogs were slipping and had trouble keeping the bars up. Since the actual World Competition is on carpet, this invitational event was on carpet as well to see which dogs could adjust to these conditions and "cut the mustard".

In addition, my husband and his mini poodle Debit also were invited to compete. They were in 4th place after rounds 1, 2, and 3, but then had a slight problem in the final round and ended up 5th overall. Still not bad in that crowd. I am so proud of my boys!

All the best to you all,

Gayle