BC Boards

Sick and listless 2 year old

katied

A couple of items.

I had a dog that a something like Lyme's disease. It wasn't Lymes but something similiar. She had to be on doxy for a month. She was lame, not hungry, listless and no energy. It took a week but she recovered. If she showed any more symptons, she was to be put back on doxy but never had an re-occurence. We did tons of bloodwork, x-rays, tests etc but nothing showed up, but did a SNAP Panel (?) which showed something was off and it was TBD.....it drove me batshit crazy trying to figure it out......

Tess is on a bunch of pills. Most recently some for her bone cancer. She hates her pills. We cook chicken and cut the breasts in cubes, feed her several and a couple have her nasty pills in them. We also buy cheap thick steaks and do that. Velveeta cheese work well. We give her a few pieces so she doesn't make the connection. Sometimes she knows what is up so we have another dog next to her so she will gooble it down, than share. The pieces are HUGE to bury the pill.

Sometimes she knows what is up so we have another dog next to her so she will gooble it down, than share.

this ^^^

I have a dog that won't eat unless I act like I'm going to give her dinner to another dog. The other dogs even know what I'm doing but she eats that way.

Mick had 2 TBD's, Rocky Mountain and Lyme, he was really bad, ready to die. I really didn't believe he'd ever recover but he did. We still have bad times and I think when that happens he's having relapses but for the most part he's good. Really it took over 2 years for him to recover to his best.

I don't wait for tests anymore, if I see something that resembles TBD's they are put on Doxy right away. That's only happened a few times but it still scares me.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone! Thanks for all of the suggestions. We have been out of town for 2 weeks. After a week on the doxy, Gloria seemed to be improving. She was running, hiking, hyper, happy... then suddenly, she relapsed into symptoms worse than the initial ones. Back to the vet-high fever, limping, listless, not eating. She went back to the vet and this time the thought was it must be auto-immune. She was given IV fluids and IV prednisone and improved dramatically. After 3 days on pred, I suddenly noticed she was peeing when she stood and didn't even seem to notice. So, now a new symptom of incontinence??! Anyone had this experience with prednisone?