BC Boards

Very Upsetting Story in the UK regarding a Border Collie

Yeah, now I'm really staring into the abyss. This is the kind of thing that elicits my inner misanthrope. It is just horrible that she had to endure days of suffering, only to die of her injuries.

With such a large area of burned tissue, it's really tough. Infection can be a problem. And the shock factor would be huge for an animal so cruelly treated and frightened half to death.

Poor Codie. Poor kids. Poor family. Poor vets and staff who cared for him and had to witness his suffering and lost him anyway.

Those guys deserve to fry. Slowly.

Poor Codie...I'm glad that the suffering has ended for this beautiful dog.

Burns are horribly painful. I can't imagine how this poor dog felt. May he rest in peace.

I am so so sorry for the loss that the family has suffered.

I too hope that the public outrage continues and that the offenders get the maximum punish possible.

So terribly, terribly sad. The dog was so badly burned, I'm actually not surprised she could not survive. Burns that deep and extensive exact an awful toll on the body, and I imagine she was in terrible pain.

From what I'm reading, the laws where this happened are not nearly severe enough, so if anything, I hope this will galvanize a movement to get the punishments for such terrible deeds increased. The family is devastated, the children of this family are traumatized - an article said one child can't stop crying and the other is afraid to be out of his parents' sight. How can small children possibly deal with learning that such great and brutal evil exists in the world?

No matter how poorly a person is raised, (and the suspects appear to be legally adults) unless they are severely mentally ill, they know something like this is wrong. The fact that several people were involved suggests that no only did they know it was wrong, they took pleasure in its evil. People like that need their freaking asses kicked, and locked away from the light of day.

Sociopathic killers in training, man ...

So terribly, terribly sad. The dog was so badly burned, I'm actually not surprised she could not survive. Burns that deep and extensive exact an awful toll on the body, and I imagine she was in terrible pain.

From what I'm reading, the laws where this happened are not nearly severe enough, so if anything, I hope this will galvanize a movement to get the punishments for such terrible deeds increased. The family is devastated, the children of this family are traumatized - an article said one child can't stop crying and the other is afraid to be out of his parents' sight. How can small children possibly deal with learning that such great and brutal evil exists in the world?

No matter how poorly a person is raised, (and the suspects appear to be legally adults) unless they are severely mentally ill, they know something like this is wrong. The fact that several people were involved suggests that no only did they know it was wrong, they took pleasure in its evil. People like that need their freaking asses kicked, and locked away from the light of day.

Sociopathic killers in training, man ...

No longer in training. They are graduate killers.

No longer in training. They are graduate killers.

Animal abuse is a strong indicator of sociopathic tendencies and so is setting fires... the kind of things that can progress to serial killer activities (or so I've been told by a friend working on rehabilitation programs in the correctional system)

But... let's face it. This is so far out of the boundary of normal behavior of children that we need to consider the possibility that the individuals in question are sociopaths. A lack of empathy is one of the hallmarks of sociopathy. If you check out this website, you'll read that "Early cruelty to animals is usually a sign of serious emotional or behavioral problems". Sociopaths have trouble feeling the remorse that normal humans feel. They'll try to shirk responsibility, or talk their way out of situations.

From what I remember of my sociology/psych classes - children raised in an environment of abuse become abusers themselves. If it really was children that did this (can't bear to look at the article) then some serious investigation/intervention is required.

That poor brave dog. I am awed that she managed to make it home to her family after being so terribly injured. Rest in peace little one.