Jump to content
BC Boards

Recommended Posts

Tonight I lost a great friend, a loyal companion, and a great dog. Falon was not even 11 months old. She was there for me when I needed her. I hope that I was there for her when she needed me the most, that she remembered me at her time of greatest need. Tonight she made her way to the rainbow bridge to run with Sunday in the rolling hills. Maybe she is even now chaseing those sheep up there.

Thank you girl, may you foever rest in piece.

post-13506-061517700 1346052598_thumb.jpg

post-13506-096917100 1346052655_thumb.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you all for your condolences.

 

Falon survived her GI issues. It was not that which took her to soon. It was an accidental poisoning from our next door neighbors who we share a common fence with. They where using Decon to control a mice problem in thier shed that is close to our fence. When I let her out Saturday night to go potty I did not watch her since I did not know that they where using it. She must have eaten one of the mice that got into our yard. By the time symtoms where showing it was to late, we did everything we could for her. It just wasn't enough. I do miss her terribly and am avid about informing those I come across about what Decon actually does. It is an Eco-killer. My neighbors are switching to a different trap system for the mice, and are sorry that it happened.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so sorry to hear about Falon..it's even worse when it is so unexpected.

 

"You loved me very much and I loved you.

 

My spirit will always be with you, and no matter how deep my sleep, my grateful heart will always remember you."

Link to post
Share on other sites

How tragic to lose her due to someone's carelessness, after going through what you did with her GI issues. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am so sorry for your loss. When my Sophie was about two, she had a similar incident. I used to bring her to work with me at a kayak shop, and I took a couple of months off to go on a trip (she came with me). When I returned to the shop, the owner told me they'd been battling a mouse problem. I asked what methods they were using and was assured they were using only traps. I asked specifically about rodenticide use and was repeatedly told no rodenticides were put down. A few days after we were back, I found Sophie in a closet in the front office chewing on what looked like a bar of soap. I thought it was soap (there were all kinds of camping supplies at the shop, so it could have been soap) and took it away from her and left it on a desk. Later that day, when she began puking, I rushed her to the vet, along with the remnants of the "soap," and it turned out it was indeed rodenticide that she had ingested and she was already beginning the process of bleeding to death from the inside of her body. She was kept overnight at the vet hospital and placed on a high-dose course of Vitamin K, which she had to repeat a couple of times. But she was okay, because we'd caught it in time and knew exactly what the problem was. Such poisonings have scared the life out of me ever since. Again, I am so sorry you and Falon have had to go through this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you all. Laurae, I am so glad that you where able to catch it so quickly with Sophie. I just wish that more people where as aware of what can happen as those of us who love our dogs and watch out for them always.

 

Though Falon may be gone from this place and time, I know she is wating for me up there. Her story has affected those people that I live around who used to see me walk her every day by their place where she would give a child a quick lick as we walked by, a happy squeel comeing from the kids. They are all sad to know that she is gone, but glad that I was able to pass on the information of what rat and mouse poison can do to thier animals. So even though she is lost to me, her life has already touched many more.

 

I still have two with me that still need me to help them along. One a giant of a dog, Brutus, and a little slip of a BC, Tessa. Thank you all again, and now it is time for me to pick myself up off the floor and get right back in the saddle so to speak. She will remain in my memories and in my heart forever.

 

Run free sweet Falon, run free.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...