BC Boards

Sheepdoggers and Sportdoggers

airbear

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sue, thanks for the explanation. I love the mental image of Kathy Knox doing what the men do, but looking like a lady.

I don't come here often -- and am quickly reminded why with the snarky response and backhanded "apology" -- so didn't know which way to take the OP's words, which is why I asked.

Well, my comment was also tongue-in-cheek, as Kristi may dress conservatively for sheepdog trials (I think) but she is quite "stylish" at agility trials, and I wouldn't call her conservative there!

Don't take those comments to heart - I don't think they were meant to be mean even if they seemed a bit sharp to you. Maybe that person thought you were being a bit reactive. I think Mary's apology was sincere - she's really a nice person. Any of us can be a bit sharpish at times...

Well, my comment was also tongue-in-cheek, as Kristi may dress conservatively for sheepdog trials (I think) but she is quite "stylish" at agility trials, and I wouldn't call her conservative there!

Whew! I'm relieved to see that your comment was tongue-in-cheek, because I was about to post this to show how conservative Kristi is with her dogs' attire. :P

IMG_4092.jpg

Kilts as headwear, new concept!

Amanda made the fascinators for each handler. For those of us from BC (the province, not the breed), she used the BC tartan. And because absolutely no one asked:

"The Provincial tartan has five colours, each with its own significance: blue for the ocean; white for the dogwood; green for the forests; red for the maple leaf; and gold for the crown and sun on the shield and flag. The tartan was adopted in 1974."

Never let it be said that Amanda is not detail-oriented!