BC Boards

Since we're guessing breeds...

He is very cute :)

There are merle chihuahuas, but they have only shown up in the breed within the past 15 years, so are thought to be a result of crosses. Just looking at the body shape, he looks like a chihuahua to me (however, he could be anything).

I'd go with Rat terrier cross - most Chihuahuas (in my experience) have more bulgy eyes and finer muzzles. And he looks pretty nicely built, better than Chihuahuas I have seen, with a longer body and legs. That all says Rat terrier somewhere in there. JMO.

Looks like a chihuahua. 'Deer head' type you usually see outside of show lines but a chi nonetheless. For what it's worth though there are people out there marketing 'merle rat terriers' now.

It seems half the breeds nowadays suddenly started coming in merle. :rolleyes:

He's got a hella lot of walking gear on!

I don't know squat about rat terriers, but a little bit of looking at the web suggests that there is a raging debate among rat terrier fanciers about whether or not the merle rat terrier is a "true" rat terrier. How unfascinating.

RDM