BC Boards

Fall Foliage in NY

I was curious if anyone else was attending? We are looking into making reservations in advance but are having a hard time finding any places to rent a cabin. We prefer to camp (so we can hike with the dog/spend two nights) but would prefer not to bring our tent. I am familiar with Corning but have never camped in the area. We probably do not have anyone to watch our boy and want to bring him for the trip and leave him in the cabin while we are at the trial on Saturday.

Not sure if the Fall Foliage is usually held in this area in the past but does anyone have any leads on where we could rent a cabin where we could leave our dog? We were even considering leaving him in the car but would prefer not doing that (or does anyone have an RV we could stash him in with his crate? :D ). Would rather not walk him around the trial (if that is even permissible), just want to enjoy watching and taking loads of photos! It will be our first time attending an Open trial and are excited to be around amazing dogs and people!

Thanks.

Hi I am in the Hudson Valley Area of New York. My son lives in Cortland NY. You may want to try the Watkins Glen Area or maybe even Ithica.

Do you have a link to the trial, I have a pup almost a year but would love to attend.

I couldn't find anything out from my son about the event.

Thanks

Hi I am in the Hudson Valley Area of New York. My son lives in Cortland NY. You may want to try the Watkins Glen Area or maybe even Ithica.

Do you have a link to the trial, I have a pup almost a year but would love to attend.

I couldn't find anything out from my son about the event.

Thanks

Here is a link, just scroll down to October:

http://www.nebca.net/trialschedulenoscroll.html

The trial is between Corning and Elmira so Watkins Glen wouldn't really work. We didn't want to stay somewhere far from the trial and leave the dog in a cabin there. We are from south of Buffalo so Corning would be ideal but I am not seeing any camping placing outside of Corning. We may board him somewhere here but hate to do that when we could make a fun camping trip out of the weekend.