BC Boards

Forgot the dog!

Ha You reminded me Maja! Dew is the freindlest dog ever. She loves going for car rides, feels like all cars and trucks are like big crates of fun!

The ups guy (delivery man) came by. He jumps out of his truck to make the delivery leaving it all open. I'm thanking him for the delivery not paying attention and Dew decides to go for a ride.

A few minutes later driver is back delivering Dew back to me. They had fun but he said he had his own dogs!

Funny dogs! I try and watch her round cars that have openings. She will jump in a car just for fun. I worry that someday she will get locked in a car in the heat. So I do try to watch!

More than once I have left the toy poodle outside and a couple times in the bedroom closet. The closet is no longer an issue since the door stays open since the border collie decided that is her preference for sleeping. I always feel bad for leaving Aspen out but hey if he would come when called he wouldn't get left outside. Thing is, his recall improves drastically for a few weeks after he has been left outside. I guess he is afraid it will happen again.

I normally do a head count now.

oh yeah. Let's see ....

I was at a friend's house for a party when I got a call on my cell phone "hi, we found your dog Clover wandering around the neighborhood"... Oh crap. DH had let everyone out to pee while I was out and forgotten Clover outside and she saw people (her most favorite thing in the whole, wide world) and decided to leave our porch to go say hello. Called DH and he went and got her...

Next time, it was my fault. Let all the dogs out to potty at night and thought I counted everyone back in...turns out one of my 2 red girls, Zena (the other is.... surprise, Clover!) had gone out and in and out and in again and so I thought Clover had come back in. Our dining table has floor to ceiling windows and there we are eating dinner and I see these sad eyes peering through the window from the porch and a soft "woof". Oops.

Came home one day and found one of my males, Zeus, chilling on the front porch. He had decide to stay inside that day when everyone else wanted to be out back when DH went to work. DH had apparently not shut the front door all the way and Zeus decided he wanted to hang out on the porch instead. Neighbor said later that he had seen Zeus hanging out on the porch all day and thought about trying to put him in the back yard but didn't want to accidentally let the other dogs out since he wasn't sure they'd listen to him. Door was not shut all the way but unless he'd gone up to it, neighbor wouldn't have seen it and Zeus is too polite to shove the door open.

I feel like a huge asshole, just like RDM said, but it still seems to happen every once in a while. Hasn't happened for several years and I'm hoping to keep that record clean. Feel like I need one of those safety signs (it's been xxx many days since you left a dog outside)...

OK, now da**it, I left the cat outside today.

I have an inside cat, who was an outside barn cat for the first 5 years of his life. (And guess what, his name is Barney! creative, huh?) The reason he became an inside cat is because I spent so much money on him (vet bills) during his tenure outside that enough was enough. So he has been an inside cat for about 7-8 years. And he loves the good life.

Today I went out on the deck through the sliding door. The slider was open about 3 inches, and I caught the other cat, Squeaky, trying to come out but did not see that Barney had already slipped out. Off DH and I go to do errands. Approx. 4.5 hours later we come home, and Barney is sitting outside the slider waiting to be let in. Goodness know what he did while outside, but I sure am glad he was there when we came home.

Jovi

Once I was calling for Tess (it was in the last three months)...I called and called but no Tess, so I got shoes on and went out the front door, with flashlite to look for her....meanwhile, Jeff comes from the barn thru the downstairs and Tess followed him in the house....as I was going out the upstairs door (both are opposite sides of the house)....I walked all over the farm looking for her and since she is half blind, I got worried, went up and down the road....late at night

so I go back into house for car keys to drive around looking for her and husband innocently asks...."where are you going?"

"Looking for Tess...I been looking for her and can't find her" I say, quite upset.

He points to the couch....Tess was fast asleep.

That was the only time I lost Tess...now, we call each other on the cell phone first to see if she is with the other person.....

losing is different that leaving! :)

I was living in CO on a big mountain side. We'd walk down to the creek and along it every night. It was quite a hill side to walk up and down.

Jazz started out with us but sometimes she'd get tired and go home. We went farther than usual and I look back no Jazz. Calling Calling (hard for an almost deaf dog to hear you). Now it's getting dark. There are large preditors out there, bears, cougars and monsters. Can't let her get lost at night.

Now I don't konw if I should run home and get the rest of the family to help look, it'll waste daylight that I could be looking for her. It's really starting to get dark now. Better tell the boys to take the 4 wheeler out, she could of fallen in the creek where the sides are high and can't get out....AHHHHHH where is the poor old girl???

I run home, really run run run Get in the house now I'm crying and breathing hard cause I really did run! It's full dark and we'd just seen a bear recently. Tell the family what's happened. All of a sudden I notice Jazz laying on the floor right by her Dad! AHHHHHH....heart failure for nothin!