BC Boards

6 month old R/W male-Urgent

Crossposting for a member of the rescue board. This young pup is mis-labeled an Aussie. As you can see, he has a tail, too. Please contact the shelter immediately if you can help. He will be shipped to a gassing shelter on Tuesday morning. :(

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/23371142

Henry

Haney County Animal Control, Hollister, MO

417-332-0172

ashleydawnpickens@gmail.com

From Wendy:

I have been trying to find local rescue for this little guy, but so far, no one has been able to find a place for him. He is scared at the shelter, but perks up when people come by to see him and especially when they bring out the water hose to clean up...because Henry loves to play in the water! (In fact, that’s why he is wet in the photo below)

Henry is about 6 months old, male, 20-25 pounds, friendly and active. I am paying for a parvo test, so any rescue taking him knows they are getting a healthy pup...and will also sponsor his neuter and rabies shot. (They worm the dogs, and give them a 5-way vaccination on intake at this shelter) He is misidentified as an Aussie, most likely because of his coloring.

Sadly, time is running out for little Henry, he will be put on "the truck" for Joplin (gassing) shelter next Tuesday morning ( July 10) if not tagged for rescue before then! Please, can someone help him ??!! I can pull him for a legit rescue group, and we can start transport through MO and/or Arkansas as needed.

Taney County is in Hollister, Missouri...which is just south of Branson on the state line.

-Wendy M.

033_edited-1.jpg

035_edited-1.jpg

Ok, my husband just fell head over heels in love with this pup (from 8000 miles away I should add) so I called the shelter to see where he's at. They said a rescue group was taking him but didn't know which one, and they may or may not have someone lined up who wants to take him. So it sounds like he's no longer in danger, at least!

Thanks for the cross-=posting! :-)

I did contact Mo-Kan, and a couple of other more regional/local rescues about Henry, but no one has any foster space identified as yet for this pup. :-(

The shelter knows I am trying to find rescue (and I have worked with them in the past), so that may be why they are saying he is headed to a rescue group. Nothing firm as of yet, but keeping my fingers crossed!

Some good news for Little Henry! There are a couple of rescues interested in taking him in now, and it is a matter of what is best for him and how we might be able to get a transport arranged. Will keep you posted as things firm up...thanks to all for the offers of help and concern about this pup!

Coming back late to this, but I had contacted a friend of mine who is involved with a rescue and she forwarded the info to others in her rescue. One of them called the shelter and was told that a rescue had stepped up to take him. Her e-mail to me arrived at 6 p.m. It sounds as if that's true and he's getting sprung. Thanks Wendy for getting the word out about him.

J.

I'm sure Wendy will be by to update, but in the meantime...Not only did Henry find rescue with WTNBCR, he's out of the shelter and in Wendy's safekeeping until he hitches a ride to TN. Great save, Wendy!

And just wait til y'all see the pictures of him out of the shelter! :wub:

He is darling and looks so much better out of "jail"

But I'm a bit confused....

Is Jexa going to get him if transport can be arranged? Or is he in foster care?

Where ever he is he looks a hundred times happier!

Yes! My issue is whether I'm prepared to handle 3 dogs. We have the room and the funds, I'm just not sure if I can keep the sanity! Currently have one and will definitely be getting a lab in about a year or so, that's my husbands one non-negotiable demand. He is all for 3 dogs and if he had his way he'd bring Henry home the first chance he got. I'm weighing the pros and cons...so, we shall see. Actually I'd love input from those who have gone from 2 to 3, I'll start a new thread so I stop clogging this one. However it turns out though Henry's safe and loving life!