BC Boards

Scotch Collies

Setsail, your dog looks just like the "collie" I grew up with (40 yrs ago)in Indiana. Is he a working dog and what is herding style like? I would like to see other photos. I have an old fashioned farm collie, aka scotch collie. She has herding instinct but is loose eyed, does not have the border collie working style.post-13653-045505300 1344263568_thumb.jpg

post-13653-059568600 1344263679_thumb.jpg

Your dog is beautiful!

He was a feral stray that was found in ranch country so I don't have any information on his background. He isn't a working dog, but he tends to be more of a big chaser with prey drive than a working dog. When he does chase he is pretty upright with a loose eye. He has the rough collie bounciness and one hell of a voice. Once we did a disc demo in support of a rough collie rescue and he just stood there looking at all of them barking and then looked at me like "Do I really sound like that?". I'll see if I have a few pics that I already uploaded.