BC Boards

Age is just a state of mind

This weekend, Wick (who is about 11.5 years old) laid down a lovely Steeplechase run. Two sets of poles, and she still went well over 5YPS. Ignore the a-frame contact - she does LOL! biggrin.gif So proud of my little girl dog, who is as fun to run now as she was when we started 10 years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHUMgEgCG-4

Yeah Wick! Yeah for senior dogs.

Boots is the same way; I think he's actually more fun to run now then he was a couple of years ago. I don't put the same pressue on us; I'm just happy he's still out running and having fun with me. It's actually sort of a relief to run him, he's like the good old pair of jeans, everything just fits, we know what to expect of each other. Renoir on the other hand is still getting broken in and there's days the button just doesn't snap.

ETA: great video; thanks for sharing!

Beautiful run. My eyes must be getting old, I thought she got one paw in the AF contact zone.

Oh, not even close! biggrin.gif But who cares! At her age, she doesn't need to do her 2o/2o (although it would be nice if she could jump a little lower - kthanks). She is still as crazy about agility as ever, and still as loud. She makes me laugh, even when the runs don't go well, and I will never have as talented and driven an agility dog as her. She is one of a kind.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, Paula, here it is! We're here at Regionals, the site is gorgeous, the hotel is awesome ... now we just need to wait til tomorrow so we can show 'em what we've got. smile.gif

OMG LOOOOVED the sound track - Apocaliptica covering One by Metallica, right? :) How appropriate for Wick's theme song?! :) Go Wick GO!!!

• 1 month later...

Best of Luck to Wick at the Regionals. She looks primed and ready.

I love those old girls still doing agility. We are having a birthday party for one of the dogs in our agility class this week because we feel that a dog that is still training and competing at agility at TWELVE years old should get a special celebration. The great thing about it is that Lily has actually become faster in the last year. Since her handler entered our class about a year ago, the instructor has shown the handler how to speed up her dog.

Can't wait to hear (and see the video) of how Wick does.

Jovi

Tweed likes the idea of 12 year old dogs getting special celebrations for competing! He won his division at the BC/Yukon Regionals last month and is heading to Nationals in August to defend his title ;-) He turned 12 in May.

RDM