BC Boards

Frisbee training...

Not for Faith she knows how to get the frisbee..For me. I don't know how to throw it. Right now Faith is too young still to do the jumps and twists etc..but can you explain to me how to throw the frisbee so it goes STRAIGHT and FAR! Mine always go crooked and roll on the ground or go to high and Faith looks at me like MOM! come on throw it so I can Chase it at least...

Thanks smile.gif

Sara

The trick to frisbee throwing is spin; most people don't use enough, so it wobbles as it flies.

Stand with your shoulders not quite parallel to the direction you intend to throw. Start with your throwing hand slightly higher than your hips, almost directly below your non-throwing shoulder. Your hand should move in an arc from that point through its full extension, so that it end up with your arm straight, at or slightly below shoulder height. Right as your arm is reaching full extension, you should put a little extra spin on the frisbee for stability. The frisbee will already be rolling clockwise if you're a righty -- your hand should administer a slight clockwise pull to go with it.

It will take ten or fifteen (thousand) throws before you stop hooking the frisbee while you try to put on the spin, but once it's there, you'll be able to throw substantially farther, and much lower to the ground.

Enjoy.

------------------

-----------

Matt Davis

Frisbee's do that for me when I try to throw them too hard. Bend your wrist around the frisbee then concentrate on keeping the frisbee parallel to the ground as you throw both with your arm and wrist. That way you get the spin and the frisbee is somewhat level. Don't hold on too long. Try it easy first and then slowly get stronger. When you try to throw it a mile it'll only go ten feet.

------------------

Sabre and BC Gus

hold it parralel to the ground .extend ur arm out and forward with your wrist cocked inwardly, as u extend ur arm smoothly,always keeping the frisbee parralel to ground, uncoil ur wrist with a quick release,and i mean very quick! remember the spin is the most important factor, as they say , its all in the wrist !! good luck