BC Boards

Weirdest thing your BC has done/does?

sixx

My BC, Pompeia Magnus, had an issue with being brushed and now in order to brush her you have to show her the brush and say "I am going to brush you", then she will sit still and allow someone to brush her. But if you just go to brush her she backs away and won't let the person trying to brush her to do so. We were in a training class and one of the things our dogs had to do was accept grooming by a stranger. Pompey kept getting up and I told the person you have to show it to her and tell her what you are going to do. When the person did this Pompey sat very still and allowed the person to brush her.

Pompey also likes to bring me toys when I am soaking in the tub, and drop them in. She will bring me every toy she owns if I don't shut the door. If I am taking a shower she insists on sticking her head in and letting the water hit her face, now she does not (NOT) like getting in the bath. If I want her to have a bath she has to be on a leash, when we walk into the bathroom with her on a leash she will get in the bath to be bathed.

In the morning, if I have slept too long (in her opinion) she gets on the bed and sits very close to me and STARES at me (I have watched her through the slits of my eyes). that is kind of creepy, I always wonder what she is thinking or planning. Sometimes she will lay next to me, but if she really needs to go out this is what she does.

These are just a few things I can think of off the top of my head.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Maverick just might be the embodiment of laziness. He'll be lying at one end of the bed, I say "Come 'ere, my Mav," and he crawls sideways to me, leading with his head, so he doesn't have to stand! Crazy boy.

Which is weirdest? Let's see, Pi once tried to hered an empty crate (the crate had ducks in it earlier)

But perhaps Blake's following the duck into the well was one of the weirdest. Getting some ducks off the pond (they were somewhat feral) two ran through the fence and into the woods. Black managed to corner one (they split in different directions once through the fence) and while I was passing that one to a friend my friend yelled "Blake NO" I turned around to see the duck plunging into the hand dug well with Blake in hot persuit.

If anyone asks, when a dog is chasing a duck in the water in a well in the northern hemisphere they swim clockwise.

I think the weirdest was recently when Meg took to tree climbing. She was looking for a ball and in fact much higher up than in the picture but by the time I got the camera she was about to come and look for me.

post-9398-053939900 1323265047_thumb.jpg

If anyone asks, when a dog is chasing a duck in the water in a well in the northern hemisphere they swim clockwise.

:lol:

A while back, Jake decided to start barking up into trees. I found out why one day when a squirrel left it's nest about the time Jake started barking. When it did, Jake quit barking and took off running to the back corner, turned to face the yard and took his stance when he got there. Sure enough, the next thing I heard was a "thump" when the squirrel hit the ground. For 2-3 seconds there it was a dog/squirrel faceoff. All of a sudden that squirrel took off like a bat out of hell heading straight for Jake. When it ran past him, it was so close it had to touch him. But the best part was the look of surprise on Jake's face. It was like "Huh?? What just happened? That wasn't supposed to go like that."

When it ran past him, it was so close it had to touch him. But the best part was the look of surprise on Jake's face. It was like "Huh?? What just happened? That wasn't supposed to go like that."

You mean, like this?!

4648538155_f49ac21b0b.jpg

Archived