BC Boards

Was Lex ever found?

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if Lex was ever found. I think about him now and then. I can't imagine not knowing what happened to one of my dogs.

I agree with Kris. Should one of my dogs go missing, I would rather find it dead in the road, than to never know what happened to it.

Regards,

nancy

I'm glad to hear others say that they'd rather hear bad news than no news. Several years ago, my dog went missing while on a hike at a state park. I searched for him for hours, knocked on doors of all the houses near the park. I put up signs on all the telephone posts near the park. I called the local radio station and BEGGED them to put his story out there (they refused). I tracked down someone with a tracking dog and asked if they could used their dog to find mine. They told me that their dog didn't work like that. I couldn't sleep. I couldn't eat. I pretty much couldn't function with the not knowing. A day and a half after my dog went missing, my brother got a call from one of the people who lived near the park whose door I had knocked on and left my info with. I was living with my brother and his family at the time. This person had found my dog. He had been killed by a coyote. I've always felt guilty for feeling a sense of relief on finding out the fate of my dog. But, the not knowing was excruciating. I feel for anyone who loses anyone, be it pet or person, and never finds out what has happened to them. I can't even imgine having to live with that feeling for any length of time.

I agree in feeling that not knowing is worse than finding a dog has been killed. The alternatives are just too frightening, even though, of course, the dog could find its way into a loving home.

Not knowing is constantly painful.

You never know - I had a thunder-phobic dog disappear when an unexpected storm blew up. We searched for her and did not find her. One day when another, nasty storm came roaring in, many months later, who appeared at our door about an hour later? Turned out, she had run miles in the first storm, and had been taken in by a nice family. She must have been out when the second storm blew up because she came back over those miles to us.

Miracles happen.

Yes, miracles do happen...having had an elderly dog go missing and finding her 2 days later much farther away than I would have expected her to travel...I would say it was a miracle that I found her.

Sending mojo for Lex to return home.

Archived