BC Boards

choke and pinch collars

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am having fun talking with you guys!

:)

Are you trying to change my opinion about looking up?

I have no argument with someone training a dog to do harmless tricks for fun. If thats what they want cool. Do all those folks that do Obedience think this is a trick?

Ok...if you say so...I do not know much about it.

I have never trained dogs to do tricks. (Maybe I am missing something, you never know!)

But I can't help but think of this scenario.

"Hey Bill Watch my dog do this cool trick"

"Ok....whats he do? Roll over? Play dead?"

'Nope...watch watch! He's looking up!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------

If I taught a dog to do a trick it would be to play poker.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Oh Tea, you're the best!

I think Rowley must be some relation to Robin as well...we finally got somewhere with the backup method, but he tends to forget most of that where sheep are concerned. We're working on it. He is oblivious to his surroundings. I asked him for a lie down today and he instantly dropped - right into the narrow ditch of water he was crossing. I felt rotten for not realizing exactly where he was but who would have thought he would put on the brakes that fast...today he was really "in tune".

That's too funny. I can just picture it! :)

Rowley is a biddable, intelligent and accomplished dog in everything ... until we get out to the sheep. Then he is just one cyclonic dervish of a dog with a single thought, which is: "SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!" He never grips or behaves badly, but he also doesn't listen to me much, and mostly is a total spaz. I muddle through this reasoning: okay, he's afraid the sheep are going to get away from him; that's understandable! But why then will he not let me HELP HIM manage the sheep? Um, because he stopped thinking when we unlatched the gate, that's why.

He's about 2 1/2 now, I am hoping that time and maturity will help out. As a newbie to the breed and stockwork, I can use help!

Archived