BC Boards

Vaccine Reaction

scullywags

The annual cost of these vaccines is slightly less than a 50 day course of doxy for a 35lb dog.

Unless you live in the southeast where doxy is one of the free antibiotics offered at Publix pharmacies. B)

Continuum is a 3 year Distemper, Adenovirus, Parvovirus vaccine. Its the one we use where I work. Though not on label, the rep told us you could take an unvaccinated dog 4 months or older and give 1 vaccine and it would be good for 3 years. The only other vaccines we have are rabies and bordatella.

We don't have lepto or lyme or heartworm or tick born diseases where I live. We also don't recommend vaccinating for coronavirus because we don't commonly see that either. No fleas here either.

I actually like vaccinating in legs as opposed to between the shoulder blades because if the dog has a reaction to one, they will tend to be sore on the leg where the vaccine was given. Makes it easier to tell which vaccine was the problem. That being said, we've been using the Continuum vaccine since 2005 or 2006 and I don't think I've ever seen a reaction. The only reaction we've seen with the rabies vaccine is 2 related dogs and 1 other dog (all small) getting hairloss where the vaccine was given that never grows back.

Archived