BC Boards

Good thoughts and mojo, please.

PSmitty

A couple of weeks ago, I noticed a tiny bump on one of Alex's toes and thought to myself I need to keep an eye on it. Yesterday I checked and the lump has gotten bigger. So, I made an appointment for the vet tomorrow, so we'll have it looked at, biopsied, whatever. To say I'm worried is an understatement, and the more I check with Dr. Google, the more a basket case I become. :(

Would love any and all good thoughts, prayers and mojo y'all can send out for my boy. Thank you!

Paula, sending good vibes to you and Alex. I'm probably not telling you anything you don't know, but under the uncertainty of these crises, it becomes difficult to keep your mind from wandering to worst case scenarios and getting stuck in a really bad "head space". I know it's important to be prepared, but I find if I'm getting sucked into that vortex of dread, I try to venture to a time and place in my mind that is filled with wonderful or restful memories to break that cycle.

I hope you get good news about Alex from the vet, and I hope you can find a peaceful place to find refuge in the mean time.

Mojo coming from Ohio also. Nellie went through this earlier in the year and it turned out to be nothing, but was scary when we started finding the lumps in her belly.

I am sure if you let him lay on the couch and watch the Buccaneers beat the Colts tonight that will make him feel better.

Stop Googling! No, seriously, I'm the same way. It's impossible to not worry and I know I'll be sitting on the edge of my seat until I see an update on your vet visit tomorrow. But, I'm sure Alex will be just fine. I'll send him lots and lots of mojo anyway, though.

My Dad got cancer last February - my googling made me barely able to breath. You have taken the positive action by getting him to the vet. I try to put the worry into a box, put the box up on the shelf and recognize what I have the ability to change. Good mojo coming your way. Try, try and relax, it is VERY understandable but you are probably making Alex nervous also.

I googled "lump on dog's paw" and this article came up. There are over sixty possible causes listed, and if you download it as a pdf it is 13 pages!! So, my point? You've made the vet appointment, so do not worry any more today since there is no possible way you can predict the outcome. You are a wonderful pet owner and have done/will do your best for your dogs. And you have us all over the place sending good vibes Alex's way!

Archived