BC Boards

Have You Ever Seen a Border Collie with these Markings?

My border collie, Eko, has the most unusual markings. One side of his face is black and the rest of his body is white. Are there any others out there like him?

Here is a link to a page that I made for him if you want to see more pictures.

What an extraordinarily beautiful dog.

My border collie, Eko, has the most unusual markings. One side of his face is black and the rest of his body is white. Are there any others out there like him?

Here is a link to a page that I made for him if you want to see more pictures.

OMG! what an absolutely beautiful BC. I have never seen those marking, the split face yes,but the all white body, no. Thee is actually a terrier that has an all black head and white body. The name of it escapes me right now.

Yup, love them split faced doggies!

74152_1675179205756_1425745142_31720330_1596469_n.jpg

About a million years ago (or maybe just 20) I worked at John Ancrum, back when it was on Leeds Avenue.

Oh I love the little dot on the top of his/her head. That is certainly unusual as well. And what a small world it is, huh? :)

here's my boy twitch. he's probably a bc/acd cross, but who knows! he has some ticking and a great spot on his rump to mark the spot he loves being scratched most.

">5557404182_bd12eb1b7a.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That very symmetrical split pattern is not all that unusual or specific to Border Collies. I've seen it in Whippets and Smooth Fox Terriers as well. My Whippet had a split face. As he aged--say from 8 years on if my memory serves me--he began to lose the bottom half of the color side, so that by the end of his life it was completely gone. It was a very visible marker of his aging.

Your dog is lovely! This is the first BC I've seen with that split.

Archived