BC Boards

AAACK! This can't be happening to me...

So I went to the local pound with a friend today to rent a have-a-heart trap to trap a possum that's hiding out somewhere in her workshop.

Like a fool, I wandered into the kennels and found this... (the bottom one)

Now I can't stop thinking about this dog.

I didn't look at the cage card. Don't know how old, if it's available, or even what sex it is. (Not that that matters much.)

I have to go back there Saturday or the next day they're open to take the trap back.

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

post-10533-080326200 1313205640_thumb.jpg

You know you want to. All the cool kids are getting dogs. What are you - scared your Mommy will find out? Everyone else does it. Baby.

Peer puppy pressure.

My sister's dog died of Lyme-related kidney failure about 6 weeks ago. She's getting two puppies this week. I can hardly control my puppy envy.

Mary

Talked to the shelter this morning.

The dog is a male, est. 2 years old. Picked up stray on the 11th of Aug. Will be available Tuesday, pending physical exam, and if the owner doesn't turn up.

Here's his shelter photo.

Little shrimp! Could this be a "Border Jack?" I'd put him at about 15 lbs. Maybe less.

post-10533-083289200 1313256081_thumb.jpg

Per Jeff Dunham, comedian, if the front feet leave the ground when it barks, it is not a dog. Therefore most likely neither of these are actual dogs. You can easily justify both.

Per Jeff Dunham, comedian, if the front feet leave the ground when it barks, it is not a dog. Therefore most likely neither of these are actual dogs. You can easily justify both.

Cool! That means I have one less border collie (Kat's front feet come of the ground if she's really putting her all into a bark).

J.

Hmmmm... Logic, eh?

Well, certainly it would cost very little to feed him, and his original adoption price is reasonable - $101.00 - that includes neutering him, a rabies shot, a license, a microchip and his adoption fee. And I can start buying the next larger size of Frontline and divide it between the newcomer and Sugarfoot.

But there are other expenses. I have to see how taking him along will affect my dog-walker's bill. And then there's miscellaneous ongoing vet stuff. Plus all the what if something happens to me stuff.

I am on a fixed income and have a Border Collie and a cat already. And then I live in a fairly small place, roughly 450 sq. ft., if you don't count the bathroom and the outdoor cat-run.

But he's so darn cute... And why do my friends roll their eyes when I say, "IF I get him I will name him Paladin, and call him Pal for short?" (You know, Have Gun, Will Travel. Paladin, Paladin, where do you roam? Paladin, Paladin, far, far from home.)

Will Sugarfoot like him? What about Mugen? (the cat.)(the indoor cat.)

Oh, la la la. So much to think about.

ETA. Talked to my dog walker when he brought Sugarfoot home this evening. It seems that my bill would come close to doubling if I added a critter. There is no way I can afford that. So... It was a nice fantasy for a few days, but Paladin is going to have to be someone else's furball. :(

Archived