BC Boards

Spit happens...whistling issues and gross-ness..

bc soul sista

Alright...so I am in the process of learning my whistles...bought a trained dog who already has a set...I bring my whistle with on my ride to work every morning and practice, am currently using a Montana light whistle...

#1 ISSUE) I am getting decent about getting a range of sounds out of the darn thing...doing them consistently and making the ones I want when I want them needs work...but my big problem is after about a minute I got so much SPIT in there I can't make decent sounds!!! I try clearing it out but I still can't get good sound!! It's all gurgly and NASTY!!! Is there something I am doing terribly wrong?? Would a different whistle be better??

I don't know if this has a thing to do with it but I do know that certain materials/metals can encourage the production of saliva - think bits that are made with differing metals (and configurations) that result in more saliva production.

I find I have to take the whistle out and give myself a good swallow pretty frequently. I never did well with Montana Lites although many, many people use them successfully. I like Corian and brass (the brass is heavy and not as pleasant in winter, or I might like it best).

For me, it's Brass that makes me drool like a St Bernard. ;) I'm using a Corian whistle, now, as I broke my horn one, and neither of those created excess saliva.

So, my might consider trying a whistle of another material, as the metal in that one might just trigger your slobber mechanism. :P

~ Gloria

Archived