BC Boards

Two nice BC/Cattle Dog mixes available in Houston

These dogs have been rescued from "the ghetto" (rescue group: BarrioDogs of Houston) They're not on the website yet.

I quote from email received from a friend:

• Buddy – Male weighing in at 44 pounds·

• Babe – Female weighing in at 34.2 pounds·
  • More than likely siblings and would like to keep them together, but understand if separating them will help find good homes·
  • Approx. 9 months old·
  • Well behaved and very sweet, they also rode well in the car, and behaved well during the vet visit·
  • Received a clean bill of health – Heartworms and Intestinal Worms…NEGATIVE!·
  • Up-to-date on their vaccines (as of yesterday)·
  • Scheduled to be spayed and neutered this Friday 7/8·
  • They willingly go into a crate on their own·
  • Haven’t done as well as with other dogs, but this could be related to not being neutered and fear· It’s believed they belonged to someone who’s father is terminally ill and couldn’t care for them anymore – sadly, they were just released to fend for themselves vs. finding an alternative…sad·
  • She will consider surrendering them to a rescue (no kill) group or foster, but prefers a forever home
  • The lady who took these two dogs off the street, has a generous heart and has paid for all their vetting straight out-of-pocket. And although she’s not making it a requirement to adopt the dogs, reimbursement in any amount is greatly appreciated to help recoup her expenses.
  • Bottom line is, she just want them to have good forever home and lovingly putting her money where her mouth is.
  • Please forward to all you animal loving friends and let the power of networking begin!

I will help with contacts/transport if needed. These nice dogs need a home!

You can contact me (Nick) at malvernhog@yahoo.com

You can also contact Lucy Falcon at lfalcon@lockton.com

Or you can contact barriodogs directly (link above).

LostDogsLittleBoy1-1.jpg

LostDogsLittleLady1.jpg

LostDogsWhataPair.jpg

Those hopeful and trusting faces moved me to tears.

God bless all those who are helping them to find a new home, especially that wonderful and caring woman who took them in.

Those hopeful and trusting faces moved me to tears.

God bless all those who are helping them to find a new home, especially that wonderful and caring woman who took them in.

I'd take them myself if I didn't already have 3 + another rescue (my son's bringing her over today; she's got -some- BC in there, I think maybe some pit as well? Who knows? High-kill shelter, girls who work there have tried desperately to save her but time's up; he's got to be there before 5 today or she's gone, so he's taking off work and going over there.)

I need to go live on the farm (my brother-in-law has a farm). What would I do for money? I'm unable to do heavy physical labor...

Anyway, maybe we can help these two find homes.

I think there's a lot of Australian Cattle Dog in these, but they're adorable anyway.

i wish i lived closer. this is my girl jazz, who i lost a year ago easter. still yearn for her. look familiar.

5935221846_5299e02512.jpg">

That little bitch could be my Lisa's Pip Squeak's twin sister. We know Pip is half Border Collie and assume the other half to be an ACD traveling man. Pip's a little pointier in the head and a little chunkier in the body but, other than that, they are a match.

awwh cappy, wish we could! but as they say-so many dogs, to little house. at least that's what the husband says. without him i'd probably be called the crazy dog lady.

Archived