BC Boards

Picky eater....need advice

I have, too. Shoshone doesn't do well on a meat-only diet, and she had to get down to 32 lbs for me to understand that.

I don't care for the outlined protocol, either. There are just too many variables for the dogs I've had. How hard is it to leave the food down for 10-15 minutes and then take it up? Why all the fussing with half rations, then half again, etc?

Ruth

I've had issues with Kenzi getting too skinny, too. In her case she got a fast metabolism her digestive tract is sensitive. It's a fine line between enough food to keep weight on and too much that gives her the runs. I found out by accident (she got into Missy's food a while back) That she can handle The Honest Kitchen much better than kibble. It's pricey, but her poops are great even mixing it 50/50 with raw. So I may finally have a winner for her.

As far as calorie eaters, back when I just had one dog and fed kibble, I left a full bowl of food out for Missy all the time. She's eat every day and a half or so and for the 3 years while I did that, she remained almost exactly the same weight!

Archived