BC Boards

Pablo at 4 months and a question

Here is Pablo from this morning ;-) up on top of the coop and just a crowin' ;-) HE's getting quite handsome.

5884389530_186c76ac1e_b.jpg

Now my question, in this close-up of his face, it looks like he's got feathers coming in, will his entire face be feathered when he matures? Oh and I have to say, he's quite a nice fellow ;-) not mean at all, and likes to follow me around :-)

5870708712_8bd52fd291_b.jpg

I don't think his whole face will get feathered. I love his iridescent blue.

As for the nice and following you around thing, just think ram lambs vs. rams! :lol::o (Actually none of the roos I have now ever even thinks about bothering me. The only problem roos I've had in the past were the one OEG bantam and the velociraptors. As a game bird he might be a little more aggressive than the average roo, but only time will tell.)

So all that stubble is just 5 o'clock shadow? ;-)

I know, the blue is just gorgeous, I need to get a pic of his back side, the saddle? it is a beautiful color, not even sure what to call it, but it's pretty.

LOL you know I was thinking just that this morning, as I was walking back to the house, he was behind me, and I was thinking to myself, I wonder if roosters will try to mount a rear attack LOL I did tell him if he ever tried to flog me, I'd turn him into a pair of boots :-) I think I will keep my eye on him though....

Not the meat kind, Bill! Four months would be neck-stretchin' time, a bit past I think really - Julie would know better.

Not that I'm currently into stretching chicken necks for food. We now have two kinda-vegetarians in the house - poor hubby is off most meat!

Pablo and brethren, rejoice! We are a Rooster Safe Zone now. :P

Well, in my world a little meat is better than a live rooster. My batch of 100 meat birds (all cockerels -- seemed like a good idea at the time) is starting to crow. It's like they swallowed kazoos. July 17 can't get here fast enough.

Archived