BC Boards

Buddy, 10 y/o bc in FL needing rehome

I received this email a little while ago. I soooo want to help, but I'm already pushing things right now with Steve and the number of dogs we are managing. But, this breaks my heart because I have a dog that is 11 years old and he still has plenty of life and love to give and I can't imagine being faced with the possibility of having to put him down just because he's older. So, I'm hoping that someone here might see this and want to help. If you are interested in adopting Buddy, send me and email and I'll put you in contact with the person who has him. If you would like to foster Buddy for Starfish and you haven't fostered for me before, send me an email and I'll tell you what is involved (basically, we cover all expenses, but you provide the love, shelter, and food). Here is the email"

"Hello, My name is Brandy. I have a Border Collie who's name is Buddy. I have to move back to PA unexpectedly and I can not seem to find him a good home. He is very well behaved and loves children and other animals. He is 10 years old. A lot of people who I have talked to have told me to put him down, but he is still full of energy and loves to play. I will include some pictures of him as well. Could you please help me. We are expected to leave on July 1st."

Buddy1-2.jpg

What a sweet face. If only I were closer I could help out... Hopefully someone will be able to take him, even if it's very temporary.

We are fortunate to have a place nearby that rescues "old dogs" only and will either adopt them out or let them live the rest of their lives being happy and with a foster family.

I sure hope he finds a home and soon. I know you will do all you can to help find him a place, and kudos to you for that.

There is a family in our area that is moving or whatever, and is trying to place two (Lab and English Bulldog) family pets because "this is not the time to have pets". They should have considered that five or six years ago when they got them. Anyway, they "don't want to have to take them to the shelter" - and I have to bite my tongue, hard, everytime I see them mentioning this.

Poor dogs deserve better.

Thanks all. I think I found him a foster home. Danielle, who adopted Zoe from us a few years back and a board member here, has offered to foster him. She has fostered many, many dogs over the last several years, so she has plenty of experience. Thanks, Danielle!

That's great :) If Buddy were closer, I'd take him in a heart beat...His face reminds me a little of my Jazz...

I understand the people's circumstances can change, but personally, I'd move mountains before I would give up my elderly companions....

Archived