BC Boards

Lyme Nephritis

mbc1963

As if Lyme disease weren't enough to worry about, my sister's happy, fat little American Eskimo dog stopped eating - and after a recent diagnosis of Lyme (followed by 28 days of doxy), her kidneys are failing. It's called Lyme Nephritis, apparently, and is pretty much fatal.

Anyone had any experience with this?

Mary

I've lost a dog to this terrible disease. We see it about once a month in the veterinary hospital where I work. Usually the patients are young, otherwise healthy animals. I've never heard of a case where they recover.

My Elliot was 5 and a very active Jack Russell Terrier. Took him to U of Penn but there was nothing that could be done. He is dearly missed.

Michelle

::Sigh:: Thanks for the input. Nothing I read is good. It's a stinker in an otherwise healthy, very contented little dog who should have another five or six years.

When I was reading all the posts Saturday about the "final trip," I had to shut down the forum... it was hitting me hard, and then my sister called to tell me about her dog. Sometimes I think we pick up on the energy in the universe, even if we don't know we're doing it.

Mary

I'm so sorry. This just stinks for you and your sister. You are in my thoughts.

Michelle

::Sigh:: Thanks for the input. Nothing I read is good. It's a stinker in an otherwise healthy, very contented little dog who should have another five or six years.

When I was reading all the posts Saturday about the "final trip," I had to shut down the forum... it was hitting me hard, and then my sister called to tell me about her dog. Sometimes I think we pick up on the energy in the universe, even if we don't know we're doing it.

Mary

Archived