BC Boards

training tools

ejano

i made my own. i ran over a plastic milk jug till it was fairly flat, then put small pieces of gravel in it. used a stick of pvc, either 3/4" or 1" as a handle.

i made my own. i ran over a plastic milk jug till it was fairly flat, then put small pieces of gravel in it. used a stick of pvc, either 3/4" or 1" as a handle.

Hmmm..I could do that! (DH just flattened my five gallon gardening bucket with the tractor -- thankfully no tools in it - but I think I'll try the milk jug -- I've seen instructions for making your own stock stick stick with pvc as well...

Liz

i made my own stock stick too :D . used an orange driveway marker from lowes-just the right length and weight. then wrapped the end with sport handle tape from walmart- the type of stuff you use to make a tennis racket handle more comfy. cost about $6 for all.

Tractor Supply stores keep them in stock usually. They are called rattle paddles or sorting paddles" and cost about 18 bucks.

I made a home made one that worked real well, I had an old cane and taped a 2 liter soda bottle with some pebbles in it. Balanced nice and you could hang it on the fence when not using it.

You can order rattle paddles from most any livestock equipment supplier, they also are available in two different handle lengths. A friend of mine that is about 5'4" like the shorter version, it handles easier for her.

Tractor Supply should have them, or any other place that carries livestock handling equipment.

You can also just take a 12-ounce plastic soda bottle, put a few pebbles in it, and duct-tape it to the end of a bit of PVC pipe. It's not like one needs a BIG weapon, just something to reach out and make a little noise. :)

~ Gloria

Archived