BC Boards

Dog Broke Sheep In KY ?

Cowboy.

This is my first post and I suspect this is a topic which comes up often.

I am looking for some dog broke sheep for training a young border collie.

I live in south central KY and would like something withing a reasonable drive (approx 2 hrs or less).

I'm not particular about breed and wethers or ewes would be OK.

Thanks for any help and looking forward to learning from everyone on BC Boards.

Welcome!

If you don't get any replies here, you might enjoy going to the Bluegrass Classic Stockdog Trial in Lexington, May 18-22 (next week!), which is one of the premier stockdog trials in North America. There will be many handlers there from KY and you might be able to make connections with someone who either has sheep available or who can put you in touch with someone who does.

Good luck!

Come by the "white house" (little shed on wheels at the Open field) and volunteer to help (if you can). That's a really good way to make contacts. Or we can point you to people who might be able to help or advise you.

See you!

Guest herbertholmes

Mr Cowboy,, be forewarned. When you show up at the "white house", volunteering to work, your new found friend, Sue R, will take you up on it in a big way. Bring walking shoes as well as work boots,,, foul weather gear,,, a sack lunch(and dinner)She drives herself beyond good sense and I hear all newbies at the Bluegrass are directly under her ev, er,, uh,, WATCHFUL eye :) :)

All kidding aside, you will be enhanced in meeting her. she is one of the champions of volunteers in the border collie world,, hope you make it, h

I have some dog broke yearlings and mature ewes if you are interested. I am 2 hours north of Lexington in SE Indiana just across the river. I will be at the Bluegrass as well. They are wool sheep great for young dogs and nice for older dogs as well. They are dog broke but not knee knockers.

Denice

denice.r@lycos.com

Dear Mr Prez - How did I ever miss this? Looking forward to seeing you again at the Bluegrass this year. I think you are exaggerating things a bit, I'm just a little cog in a big wheel. And I am not in charge of anyone or anything - that's just a myth perpetuated by my nosy, bossy nature.

This year, for sure, I think we all need to bring boots and rainsuits. And hats. I think it's going to be a wee bit damp, although I'm praying for good weather. Hopefully, it will be coolish and nice.

I see Alison is coming, too - I'm looking forward to seeing her, also! Travel safely, you all!

Archived