BC Boards

Back to Kim & her dog (wordy!)

Guest carol campion

Guest carol campion
Thanks so much for the detailed explanation, Carol. I have heard many of these ideas before, but never put together in this way. This is very helpful :rolleyes:

Thanks for your feedback. I am glad the descriptions can help someone and having to articulate it actually helps me too!

It helps to have a game plan. Getting training parts like this 100% helps as you advance, because if any aspect of this falls apart as you progress, you can slip into the exercise as a way of reminding the dog how to apply his learning to the new situation.

Carol

Carol

Truthfully, I haven't read the book either...I remember someone trying to explain the method to me, called it "daisy wheel" and attributed it to Vergil Holland. I perhaps someone could verify it. My info is 2nd or 3rd hand.

Thanks for the explanation....this foundation is often missed, then one rushes ahead to outruns, driving, etc and can't figure out why the dog doesn't quite cover or slices flanks. Been there myself.

Elizabeth

Hey Carol,

Very well written ... gives you a great visual as you read it.

A couple of my students read it (and printed it out:~) and it's really helped them out.

You should send it to Bruce and Linda to put in the magazine as I be a lot of people would enjoy reading it.

Candy Kennedy

PS (Next time you go to Wales ... could you take me as excess baggage :~)

Guest carol campion
Hey Carol,

Very well written ... gives you a great visual as you read it.

A couple of my students read it (and printed it out:~) and it's really helped them out.

You should send it to Bruce and Linda to put in the magazine as I be a lot of people would enjoy reading it.

Candy Kennedy

PS (Next time you go to Wales ... could you take me as excess baggage :~)

Thanks, Candy for the feedback. I really, really appreciate it! I do like knowing someone is getting something from it all.

Carol