BC Boards

A Zach problem again

KrisK

As you know, Zachary has had many health problems, not the least of which is his heart. With our long, cold and damp winters, Zach has been wearing his coat 24/7 to stay comfortable. Now that we are getting a bit of warm weather, I've started taking it off. His coat is a mess (he's always had thin hair) so I decided to give him a bath and try to detangle him. Right after getting him out of the tub, he went right into a seizure :( He's now resting comfortably but I now know that taking him to a groomer or bathing him again is out of the question. I don't want to take the risk of more seizures.

So, does anyone know of something I can use to brush his coat, help it detangle and NOT have to get him wet? Is there a dry product I can use?

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks!

I used to use something called Unicoat on Scooter. He didn't mind being brushed until we got to the tail. :rolleyes: Someone on the boards recommended it to me. It comes in a spray bottle, nice gentle mist, pleasant smell. It really works. HTH! :)

I swear by Cowboy Magic for horses, and I can't see why it wouldn't be the same on dogs.

http://www.cowboymagic.com/products-detangler-shine.html

I was going to suggest cowboy magic as well! We have Arabians so nice long manes and tails and it works wonders!! Especially in the fall/winter/spring when a bath with no barn is out of the question!!:)

Thanks for the recommendations! Just to let you all know, Zach is fine - he is one tough little beggar but I'm sure he'll appreciate never having me give him a bath again :D

Nothing wrong with shaving or cutting the furnishings of a schnauzer if that'll make it easier. There are plenty of water free bath products. Our minis and Giant have a lovely...farm cut...so they don't pick up any extra burrs or hitchhikers

Cynthia

Archived