BC Boards

The 2011 Bluegrass Classic SDT is going live -

Each year in May, top handler/dog teams from all over the United States and Canada convene in lovely Lexington KY for the fabled Bluegrass Classic Stockdog Trial. Held at beautiful Masterson Station Park, it is one of North America's premier stockdog trials - one of the largest, oldest, and most prestigious trials, now in its 51st year.

If you can't travel to Lexington to enjoy this five day trial, you will be able for the first time ever to watch the Double Lift, International-Shed Finals on Sunday, May 22nd, live - thanks to 5:00 Films, the production company that brought you the 2010 National Sheepdog Finals from Belle Grove Plantation in Virginia, and Serta (the company that puts those cute sheep into retirement with their Perfect Sleeper mattresses).

In addition to the live webcast of Sunday's finals, you can watch all four days of Open runs as pay-per-view following the trial. To get more information, please visit www.bluegrassclassicsdt.com, and click on 2011 webcast (or use Heather's link in the next post). Tickets are very reasonably priced, discounted until May 16th, and useable for whatever you choose of the live webcast or pay-per-view, so what you watch is as flexible as what you want it to be.

Please support the Bluegrass Classic SDT and 5:00 Films (and Serta, of course) - and enjoy some of the best sheepdog competition in North America - all from the comfort of your own home - whether it's your first "visit" to the Bluegrass Classic or your 51st!

PS - Yes, I am being enthusiastic and posting this both under the working Border Collie section and here.

Thank you, Heather. I copied and pasted but maybe I messed up my "scissors and glue". It wouldn't surprise me if I did.

Again, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Bump and reminder that you can watch the double-lift live next Sunday and see the open runs.

You can also follow the Open runs via Twitter by following (sheepdognews). Heather tweeted the finals and it was a great way to keep up with how things were going.

The Open field at the Bluegrass is really gorgeous. It's a great trial and it's wonderful that it's going to be streaming for folks to watch from home.

Archived