BC Boards

New here!:D

Hi All!:D

Im new here!:D I just got my first Border Collie!:) I have trained a couple in the past, but never been lucky enough to have one of my own, well that all changed on Tuesday! He is a ABCA boy and I have chosen his call name to be Rhett(no registered name chosen yet) and he flew up to me from his breeder in Missouri!!

I had my name in for the pick of a litter from another breeder, but she found out that this little guy was still available from her mentor and HIGHLY suggested that I get him, and BOY am I glad I did! At 10 weeks old he is already nearly the best dog Ive ever owned!

I live with my husband in North Western Washington state, we also have 2 cats and a 1 year old pug/x(who likes to think that he gets to be the top dog, while Rhett knows he is boss already!haha) and I have a 14 year old Lhasa who lives with my parents.

Rhett will be my agility dog, trail riding and hiking companion!

Well enough talking right?! Here are some pictures!:D

Mommi and baby first hour after his plane ride!

226995_1970223463126_1469161715_2524827_2219186_n.jpg

He loved his first taste of lamb!:D

100_3766.jpg

His first car ride with no crate(he was buckled in via harness;))

img1304098989650.jpg

I LOVE his ears!:D

dceb50e9.jpg

and the two hoodlums!:P

img1304098985911.jpg

Anyways, I look forward to learning from you all and having fun and meeting new friends!:D

He's adorable! Welcome to the Boards!

Thank you!:D I rather think so, but of course Im just a slight bit partial!;)

and as you can see he and his brother are just slightly spoiled!:P

100_3772.jpg

:D Cute! The pug and pup look like partners in crime, indeed!

Thank you!:) Funny you say that....as I got this picture today!:D I think it is a typical brother poise!LOL

4e246310.jpg

Very cute! Your pug brought back memories of my first dog that was a pug mix. His name was Chin and I still miss him. Enjoy your new friend. :)

Ah thank you!:D I have never had a dog with no nose before Brody, so it was a change getting him and not being able to go on long walks or hiking and biking....but that is why my husband allowed me to get Rhett!:D

Welcome! He is a cutie. Love the ears too.

Jovi

Thank you!:D

I loved this view of his ears, this afternoon after his bath:

f0b263ac.jpg

Congratulations, and welcome.

Call name, registered name? With ABCA, where names are limited to 14 letters and spaces, the name you use and the name on the papers are almost always the same. Plain and simple.

Enjoy!

Aw, he's a real cutie! That face is just full of personality. :)

As for a registered name ... why not just Rhett? After all, it's border collie tradition to keep names simple! :) Welcome to the Boards. This is a great place to learn and discuss so many things.

~ Gloria

He is totally adorable. Welcome to the Boards....you will find this place to be a wealth of information and support. Congratulations on the new addition to your family. :)

D'Elle

Thank you!!:D. I am already learning a ton!!:D

Congratulations, and welcome.

Call name, registered name? With ABCA, where names are limited to 14 letters and spaces, the name you use and the name on the papers are almost always the same. Plain and simple.

Enjoy!

Aw, he's a real cutie! That face is just full of personality. :)

As for a registered name ... why not just Rhett? After all, it's border collie tradition to keep names simple! :) Welcome to the Boards. This is a great place to learn and discuss so many things.

~ Gloria

Thank you both!!:D. I'm thinking of going with Rhett Butler for his full name, as that is who he is named after!:D

Wat a cutie pie! Love, love, LOVE his name! Rhett Butler will forever and always be my favorite anti-hero. <3 Can't wait to see the places you two will go together! Enjoy your new baby!

Thank you!!:D and yes I knowwhat you mean! I have watched GWTW over 200 times!!lol. And thank you!!:D I am excited to see what we can do together!!:D

Hello there, Rhett is adorable! :) I live in the area (Idaho but right on the WA border and we go into WA frequently) and am starting serious agility training with my young dog Link this summer, so maybe we'll see you around at trials some time in the future. What venue(s) are you planning on competing in?

Autumn

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome! Your new pup is very handsome!

I too live in Washington. :)

Hello there, Rhett is adorable! :) I live in the area (Idaho but right on the WA border and we go into WA frequently) and am starting serious agility training with my young dog Link this summer, so maybe we'll see you around at trials some time in the future. What venue(s) are you planning on competing in?

Autumn

Thank you!:D Are you in northern or southern Id? I lived in both at different times!LOL Im not really sure which venue(s) Im planning on, I will be going to a pet outing thing this Saturday with him and plan on getting in touch with the Agility clubs there!:)

My old retired boy is named Jesse - but I call him Jesse James, when one name isn't enough. ;)

~ Gloria

That is how Ive always been!:) My now R.I.P. dog's name was Beau or Beauregard...and our pug/x is Brody or Brodimus!LOL

Welcome! Your new pup is very handsome!

I too live in Washington. :)

Thank you!:D

What area of Wa are you in?

Awww. Puppy cuteness... Welcome to the boards!

Thank you as well!:D I have just been reading and learning a bunch since joining and am really enjoying it here!:D

"Thank you!:D Are you in northern or southern Id? I lived in both at different times!LOL Im not really sure which venue(s) Im planning on, I will be going to a pet outing thing this Saturday with him and plan on getting in touch with the Agility clubs there!"

Northern, we live about an hour and a half from Spokane.

Archived