BC Boards

Name suggestions?

Here he is:

TheMerleboyfirstnight1.jpg

Not the best photo, but this guy is too traumatized to do anything but play stuffed dog. He figures if he doesn't move or look at anyone, maybe no one will hurt him. I think perhaps all he has known is life in a cage and fear. He's a *beautiful* merle, though, and needs a nice good strong name to help him along the long journey he has ahead of him to becoming a happy dog.

I am kind of liking the idea of a name beginning with K for some reason but am open to any and all suggestions, if you feel like making any.

:-)

Here he is:

TheMerleboyfirstnight1.jpg

Not the best photo, but this guy is too traumatized to do anything but play stuffed dog. He figures if he doesn't move or look at anyone, maybe no one will hurt him. I think perhaps all he has known is life in a cage and fear. He's a *beautiful* merle, though, and needs a nice good strong name to help him along the long journey he has ahead of him to becoming a happy dog.

I am kind of liking the idea of a name beginning with K for some reason but am open to any and all suggestions, if you feel like making any.

I'm thinking Pecos Bill -- It doesn't begin with K but it has a "k" sound in it... Pecos Bill always arrived

He's such a beautiful dog and so glad he's in a good place!

Liz

Liz

How about "Kal-El" or "Kent"? or "Clark" for that matter, Superman's real name and human name... (sorry hubby is watching it in the other room lol)

I like Kelso--it was a final contender for Ranger before Ranger became his name. I've always wanted to name one Ruffian too. (There are some great racehorse names out there.)

Here's a link to information about Kelso.

J.

Kelso was my favorite racehorse (well, Thoroughbred - Su Mac Lad was my favorite Standardbred) growing up. I still remember the clip of Kelso catching All Hands at the wire for a thrilling finish to some big race or another. What a horse! I think that, in retirement, since he was a gelding, he became a riding horse, and Mrs DuPont rode him to hounds.

I love the name "Keeper" except that the only person that I actually know who named a dog that (a lovely little stray that she took in, perfect companion dog), gave him away as soon as her grandkids were coming to visit because he'd be too much trouble to take care of with the kids there to occupy her time.

You could name him Koi in honor of his splotchiness (for lack of a better term), like some Koi. I was watching Sunday Morning last week and the entire program was animal-related. One of the stories was about a fish show. Who would have known that Koi can go for many thousands of dollars?

J.

Well...none of the ones I have on my list start with a K...

Tango

Topper

Storm

Cloud

Nitro

Tempo

Ice

Cypress

Aero

Phantom

Viper

So maybe I've had too much time on my hands in the past and have premade lists of names...

I like Crusoe for the survival factor but I'd probably shorten to to Cruz just cause I'm a nickname fool

I might let him stay nameless for a few days, sometimes they have a name already and he might take a few days to relax and tell you his.

Poor lil guy.

Thanks for all the suggestions!! I like Kelso, and so I am trying that one on for size. I have found that sometimes you think a name is good for a dog but after a day or so you realize it doesn't fit. So final decision will probably take a few days, but for now I am calling him Kelso.

I will be writing about his progress in the Rescue section as he and I work together.

D'Elle

I might let him stay nameless for a few days, sometimes they have a name already and he might take a few days to relax and tell you his.

Well, yes, sometimes it takes a couple of days to find a name that fits. I've been struggling with my little boy. I really liked Rhydderch* (Welsh: reddidh-brown) as it fits his colouring, but there aren't many folks here in the US who will be able to wrap their tongue around that name, so I'm probably sticking to a simple to pronounce, Taff. I think Kelso it a good name, and quite uncommon.

Note* : RH: trilled and aspirated; DD: voiced 'th' (as in 'there'), CH: like the 'ch' in Scottish loch or German bach.

Well, yes, sometimes it takes a couple of days to find a name that fits. I've been struggling with my little boy. I really liked Rhydderch* (Welsh: reddidh-brown) as it fits his colouring, but there aren't many folks here in the US who will be able to wrap their tongue around that name, so I'm probably sticking to a simple to pronounce, Taff.

Wow that is quite the name...how about Ryder? That's kinda what my American brain sees when you write Rhydderch.

As for D'Elle's rescue. How about Cruising- or just Cruise? Cruising is a Dapple grey Irish Sport Horse- a "famous" Hunter Jumper.

Archived