BC Boards

Mojo for Fergie, please

Fergie needs all the mojo she can get.

We've been trying prednisone, along with metrodiazole (sp?) for two weeks. We're also giving Fergie i/d canned food, pumpkin, yogurt (plain, that I make), and Nutri-Cal. We thought she was improving. She even had one genuinely firm stool on Tuesday. She was waking down the driveway and all around the yard.

But she had diarrhea several times yesterday and again overnight. And she is all bones, while she was looking better over the week-end and until yesterday morning.

I'll be calling a different vet today to see if they can get the results of all the tests the other vet did. I really don't want to have to go through them all again. But, when i went to get more cans of i/d, the folks at Parkwood Animal Hospital (yes, I'm naming names) didn't even ask how she's doing. Bruce Tarkington would have been on the phone daily - and maybe even come over. It's such a shame that he sold the practice and retired.

Mucho mojo for your and for Fergie. I know what it is like trying to find a vet you and really work with when your companion is ill, and I am wishing you the very best of luck. Keep trying, even if you need to try out several vets, until you find one who is really responsive to you and Fergie.

D'Elle

We have an appointment tomorrow afternoon with a Dr. Carroll at Park Vet, around the corner. Recommended my my daughter's vet friend. They sound nice.

Fergie is sleeping in the sun out back - has been all afternoon. Hey, if she fades away, that's OK with us. But, if we can help her feel better, we sure will.

Thank you all.

And she's sitting behind Chuck. I'd know that shirt anywhere.

We're seeing the new vet in 2 hours. I wish I could get some weight back on her. We have to help her get up. But she was all set to climb the back stairs to come in for food. Even though she stumbles just walking in the yard. She eats every hour, but usually has diarrhea that takes it all out.

She sure has an appetite, and drinks lots of water. So we're hoping this vet can help.

Thank you all.

Archived