BC Boards

Clinics in Eastern WA or Northern ID?

Bullet87

Hello All,

Not sure if this is the correct place to post but... I am looking from some clinics to audit at and eventually take my dog to. Does anyone know of any clinics in North Idaho (Coeur D'Alene area) or Eastern Washington (Spokane area)? It doesn't necessarily have to be with a big name... My dog will mainly be doing ranch work with cattle, so even a smaller clinic put on by a successful rancher is fine. I also have a Blue Heeler that I would like to take to some clinics if anyone knows of some all breed clinics around here as well. Thanks!

You should join WASH- the WA Association of Stockdog Handlers. WASH is the website. You'll get info on all sorts of clinics & trials in WA, OR, and ID. There's also the OSDS (OR Stockdogs) and at least one group in Idaho (Gem State, maybe). All are great places to find out about clinics, etc.

Hello there, we are located in the same area as you, about an hour and half from Coeur D'Alene. The only clinics I have gone to have been Patrick Shannahan's clinics, but that is down near Boise, which is a bit of a drive from here. Norm Close is in Coeur D'Alene, and although I have never had the pleasure to work with him, I have heard great things about him. Here is his website: http://www.handhillsbordercollies.com I don't know of any upcoming clinics, but I imagine if you contact him he could give you some info.

Autumn

Norm is great and right in your backyard. They don't come any better. I've taken lessons from him, hosted clinics for him on our farm, and purchased dogs from him. You are fortunate to have him so close.

dave

www.leadmeontraining.com

Archived