BC Boards

Okay, here they are

I know he looks like he has no eyes, but they're very dark brown. And for some reason, he looks huge in pictures, but he's really thin. I can feel his ribs and he has no waist at all. :D

Hope these come through alright.

(Sorry about the size--they looked fine when I previewed them.) :huh:

post-8751-008347900 1301867624_thumb.jpg

post-8751-048415700 1301867653_thumb.jpg

I know he looks like he has no eyes, but they're very dark brown. And for some reason, he looks huge in pictures, but he's really thin. I can feel his ribs and he has no waist at all. :D

Hope these come through alright.

(Sorry about the size--they looked fine when I previewed them.) :huh:

He's beautiful! I know what you mean about size discrepancy -- Brodie never has an ounce extra on him in spite of all those mashed potatoes! In comparison to Robin, AKA "Tank", he sometimes looks alarmingly thin, then I weigh him and realize he's nearly 50 pounds. He's just a narrowly built dog. And very fast :).

ETA If you can get Pepper to do so, sitting him on the bathroom scales and weighing him routinely might help to ease your mind. It's a bit comical - like an elephant sitting on one of those stands in the circus, but it can be done!

Liz

he sometimes looks alarmingly thin, then I weigh him and realize he's nearly 50 pounds. He's just a narrowly built dog. And very fast :).

Liz

The papers we got from the rescue group says he weighs 42#. :blink: I don't know where he's carrying it--maybe in his giant feet! :lol: I have a feeling he's going to be a large dog. We'll see what the vet thinks this week. She was pretty spot on about how big Scooter would get.

I know the pics aren't the greatest, but do you think he has any Border Collie in him? His tail is short--looks like he was born that way and not docked after birth. Most of the Aussies I've seen have a stockier build than the Border Collies. Maybe he isn't either one! :mellow: He's really kind of a goofy guy. Maybe he's still warming up to us. :D

Cute! I definitely see the Aussie ... they are built like brick sh*thouses, and they always seem to be fatter than they really are. My BC / Aussie is less than 40 lbs, and quite slender, but he's got a barrel ribcage and is frequently mistaken for a "fat dog."

4338774807_565db96a16_z.jpg

Also, my border collies have coats that lie flat, but the Aussies' coats seem to stick straight out, which makes them look bigger than they are too.

RDM

I see Australian Cattle Dog/Border collie; The tail...looks all ACD

Adorable anyway!

Good luck

cynthia

I was thinking ACD too after going through some pics on line.

I doubt the dog has any ACD in him - he would more than likely be a smooth coat if he was an ACD mix, unless it was more convoluted than a straight ACD X whatever. Smooth is dominant to rough, and cattle dogs don't (or shouldn't) carry a gene for rough.

The short tail I see somewhat frequently in Aussie crosses, or Aussies who have not been docked. The ticking makes him look ACDish, but nothing else really does.

JMO

RDM

He seems to be a mix of VCD, (Very Cute Dog) with maybe a little MYH, (Melt Your Heart) thrown in. I bet he's glad you brought him home.

Have a wonderful time with Pepper, I'm sure he's settling in nicely.

Ruth

Love the very important sounding initials. I'm going to use that one when people ask, and they will, what he is. We all know from experience how even the most obvious looking Border Collie can be labeled something else by casual observers. Everyone has an opinion. :D Guess we'll never know for sure.

He's settling in nicely. Working on mouthing and leave it. Still sleeping a lot. (Vet check should tell us more). Not used to such a laid back dog after Scooter who could be pretty intense. This guy just seems to want to be loved and cuddled. Maybe he's still trying to figure out the lay of the land and who we are. I keep waiting for his true personality to come out! :lol:

He doesn't appear to be afraid of storms. Found that out this morning. I had just put him back in his crate so I could go back to bed for a little while and the thunder and rain started. I was already upstairs but listened for any signs of distress or panic. Nothing so far. Yea!!

He's a bit of a counter surfer, but we're working on that too.

A whole new adventure awaits us!

What an adorable guy! You done good, Pepper, and Pam. Big congratulations to both of you for finding each other.

I think he looks like a border collie.

Any chance you could get him out to work somewhere to see if he works like a border collie?

I think he is just beautiful. I love dogs with lots of ticking.

And what a lucky dog to be with you.

Mary

Archived