BC Boards

Hope

Laura L

HopeonBike.jpg

Named Hope because we hoped that she would be as good of a dog as her older brother, Jaax and she definitely was. I couldn't have asked for a better first Border Collie. Unfortunately she was diagnosed with an aggressive mammary cancer that spread to her lymph nodes and skin. The last couple of weeks she was doing fine with steroids and pain medication. When the other dogs were playing she would bounce around and bark at them. She enjoyed going to the dog park and seeing her new friend, Chloe-she liked to bark at her too. She and Lily were the snuggling buddies sleeping in the car, at work and in the house together. I felt bad for a while that it wasn't warm and summery outside, but since she got some relief from laying in the snow, it was for the best that it's still cold out. I am so grateful for the time that we had together, I've met so many nice people who have become friends.

Go in peace, my valiant friend.

Suffer no more; sweet sleep has come.

Be welcomed by our friends;

They have blazed a path for you to follow.

Wait patiently, for I will join you again,

Your keen vision restored to lead our way,

Strength renewed, for we shall journey forever.

I learned from your courage

In the waning of your days.

You fought bravely through the pain,

A whimper never passed,

Always by my side as I was by yours.

Your battle is over, our grieving begins,

As I lay you to rest

In the yard were we played.

Your place in my soul

will always remain filled.

So rest now in peace, my gallant companion,

Knowing how much I loved you

And will miss you at my side.

~ Eulogy originally posted by "Babys Dad" for his beloved Zeke

Vaya con Dios, Hope.

I am so sorry that you lost Hope. I think the following sums up what a heart dog means to those of us who have been so lucky to have one in our lives.

He is my other eyes that can see above the clouds; my other ears that hear above the winds. He is the part of me that can reach out into the sea. He has told me a thousand times over that I am his reason for being; by the way he rests against my leg; by the way he thumps his tail at my smallest smile; by the way he shows his hurt when I leave without taking him. (I think it makes him sick with worry when he is not along to care for me.)

When I am wrong, he is delighted to forgive. When I am angry, he clowns to make me smile. When I am happy, he is joy unbounded. When I am a fool, he ignores it. When I succeed, he brags. Without him, I am only another man. With him, I am all-powerful. He is loyalty itself.

He has taught me the meaning of devotion. With him, I know a secret comfort and a private peace. He has brought me understanding where before I was ignorant.

His head on my knee can heal my human hurts. His presence by my side is protection against my fears of dark and unknown things. He has promised to wait for me... whenever... wherever - in case I need him. And I ewww.bordercollie.org as I always have. He is just my dog." - Gene Hill

Run free at the Bridge Hope...

I'm sorry Laura,

My tears are for you & for me, too. My Gilly is still here but she was born in 1997 too so it won't be long now (we take it day by day). I can't imagine what I'll do when she's gone.

It is just not fair that they don't stay with us longer. It looks like Hope had a grand Border Collie life with you.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to read my post. Even though I cried reading the replies, it has gotten a little easier and I know that I'm not alone in missing a special dog.

Hopie.jpg

Go play with Cricket, go run with Brock, roll in the wet grass to your heart's content.

Laura

• 3 weeks later...

Archived