BC Boards

A New Venue for Freestyle

A new venue has just been created for Canine Musical Freestyle. If one is interested in movement to music, but is not looking to "dance", this just might be a place for you! And it's all by video, so you can participate from anywhere!

OK, I sound like an advertisement! In a way I am, because I really think this is something very cool. But really I'm just sharing what we are doing.

In order to participate in events, one must first complete the Entry Level, which is 5 specific tasks that one must complete with the dog.

The first is to show the dog gaiting in time to the music. Speedy does this so beautifully that I thought I'd share his Entry Level clip with you guys. In this venue, we retain ownership rights to our videos, so we can share them! This is not a routine, so there is no criteria for position or anything and there are no "Freestyle Moves". The main goal of this first exercise is to show the dog moving to the music.

If you are interested, you can find more info on the Dogs Can Dance Challenge at:

Dogs Can Dance Challenge

Archived