BC Boards

Do your dogs do everything in the same order?

In my home this has been going on forever but, I wanted to ask about it.

Do you dogs do everything in the same order? If we go anywhere tht a line may be formed Dally is always first Genie is second Sugar is third and Maddie brings up the rear. This is performed every time they go out or go down the stairs into their crates.

It also leaves me to wonder why Dally gets number 1 spot except he was here first.

Line? What is this line you speak of? If we're going anywhere, my four are usually a swirl of pushing and shoving to be first, and it really just depends on who actually gets there. :lol: But then again, I don't have well-behaved dogs, either.

In my home this has been going on forever but, I wanted to ask about it.

Do you dogs do everything in the same order? If we go anywhere tht a line may be formed Dally is always first Genie is second Sugar is third and Maddie brings up the rear. This is performed every time they go out or go down the stairs into their crates.

It also leaves me to wonder why Dally gets number 1 spot except he was here first.

Yes -- Ladybug is always first, Robin second and Brodie last. Always. She was an adult and their new "Mom" when we brought them into the house as pups so they likely respect her for that reason. Even now, she'll make Robin cringe with a look as he does try to push the envelope a bit now and again. There's actually less competition between the boys when Ladybug is absent -- like they don't need to compete for the number 2 spot. They'll play quite happily for some time. It is interesting to watch how the dynamic changes depending on which dogs are together.

Liz

only on walks, I always walk Misty and Rusty on one side and Happy and Electra on my other with Rusty on the inside, Misty farthest out, Happy close but lagging slightly and Electra beside me where she fit. I did it that way because I found that was the easiest. but recently I realized that, that is actually just how they normally walk! I had to switch it up because I have to walk on my work break now and there is no sidewalks(and a LOT of semi's lol) so I switched all 4 to one side and let them go whereever, with me always between them and traffic, and what I noticed was... they all still walk in that exact order lol

when playing fetch they tend to come back in the same pattern though, Misty always brings the ball, Happy beside and slightly lagging, Rusty usually attached to Electra neck because he just wants her to wrestle, and Electra running looptyloops around them lol

Archived