BC Boards

Dual Registering

D Strickland

:blink: I'm still trying to process how the only way he can get dogs he likes is by breeding them, himself.

Gloria

You're trying to make sense out of someone who doesn't make sense, and in my opinion isn't even trying to make sense. He's just trying to get attention. Which, unfortunately, he got.

D'Elle

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This whole thread (and much of the other one) reminds me of that quote that Kelpiegirl used to have in her sig line--something about wrestling with pigs... :P

A

You're trying to make sense out of someone who doesn't make sense, and in my opinion isn't even trying to make sense. He's just trying to get attention. Which, unfortunately, he got.

D'Elle

Heh. You caught me before I deleted my post, realizing the futility of my thought. :P But you've said what I was thinking.

~ Gloria

• 3 weeks later...

Ok ... so the avenue of enforcement is what? Small claims? You show up in court with the contract in hand, and now you need to prove the person violated the contract. "Spot" is registered as "Spot" with the ABCA, but is registered as "Sir Fluffybutt PansyAss FancyPaws" with the AKC.

Ha ha! Fluffy butt. . .

On a more serious note, from someone who competes in just about every sport (because its fun!) I have registered dogs with AKC before but they were spayed and/or shelter dogs. I am also an active member of my local kennel club in many events but NOT conformation (never have, never will). At the time those spayed dogs were registered I couldn't participate in agility/obedience/rally without registereing AKC. Now I can compete through APDT and NADAC, Thank goodness! Out of respect and love for Border collies my youngest isn't registered with AKC. He's still intact and I would hate to see his "maybe one day if he's perfect in every way" puppies in the breed ring. I don't think I could deal with the embarssment nor do I want to support AKC's conformation or breeding programs. I don't feel that anyone needs to AKC register their pup any more for any reason- NADAC, UKI, and USDAA do agility, APDT does rally, and competition through other venues is actually more fun and relaxed!

Archived