BC Boards

USBCC

MyTDogs

Hi All,

Just wondering if there is a US Border Collie Club. I haven't ever seen where one might join the club if it exists.

I have considered joining the ABCA but I don't plan on breeding...should I join anyway?

I'd like to join something to lend support to the Working Border Collie--perhaps pay back a little of what I paid in AKC entry fees B)

Any recommendations?

I've never quite figured out if USBCC is an actual club people could join, but you can certainly join the ABCA as a supporting member: http://www.americanbordercollie.org/member.html

(Though I can't get into their website right now. Might just be Hughesnet messing with me again, though.)

Also, depending where you live, there might be a regional club you could join. Check here:

http://www.bordercollie.org/culture/clubs.html

Cheers ~

Gloria

Yes, Cindy, there is a USBCC. While there used to be a newsletter, that apparently is not the case in recent years, but they do a very valuable service in providing this forum, along with the www.bordercollie.org website, which is a good source of information. The USBCC was instrumental in fighting AKC recognition of the Border Collie and while they may have lost that battle, they put up a good fight.

I do maintain a membership with USBCC. I feel it is my contribution to the organization that supports this forum along with providing a valuable informational website.

I don't breed but I also pay dues to ABCA (where I would be a voting member if I paid my dues prior to Jan 1 of each year). I don't trial, and also choose to pay dues to USBCHA, where I am not a voting member as I do not run a dog in Open or Nursery. Largely, as you have mentioned, I do this to support those organizations that support the working Border Collie.

The dues I pay in total to all three organizations are $50 a year. That's my financial contribution. Other support, I give as I can.

Here is the information for paying USBCC dues:

Annual dues are $15 and get sent to Laura Carson, who is the USBCC

Treasurer:

Laura Carson

1712 Hertford Street

Greensboro, NC 27403

Is there a membership form or something one could send in? I've looked all over the bordercollie.org site, but I don't see anything about membership, neither how nor where to join. I wasn't sure it was actually a club, so much as a lobbying group or the equivalent thereof.

~ Gloria

Here's a membership application form:

USBCC Membership Application.doc

If you can't print it out, let me know and I'll email you a copy. There used to be full info about the USBCC on this website, but when we re-organized the site we decided we needed to spin that off. Still not completed, but then the USBCC has never been very good at self-promotion, I'm afraid.

Thank you for wanting to support the USBCC. I appreciate and agree with what Sue R posted.

Thank you, Eileen! Then I'll hope the site will eventually show more info on the USBCC, but for the meantime, thank you for the membership download. I thought I was just a little simple or something, when it appeared there was a club with no club info! ;)

Cheers ~

Gloria

Yes me too! B) Thanks Eileen.

Archived