BC Boards

New Introduction.

Hi. I used to be on here about a year ago, but forgot all my log-in details.

I'm Gordon and have just moved to London, Ontario from Glasgow, Scotland. I have a 3 year old Border Collie called Clyde. We are just sterting up with herding. I had a couple of lessons from Jullie Hill and Bobby Henderson. I have now found a place just outside London to start up again. He's not as experienced as Julie and Bobby though.

Last time I was on I was looking into Geese work, and that is still my plans, now that I am over. It will take a while to get Clyde trained for geese, as had spent years on training him not to chase birds. But by the spring of 2013, I hope things will be ready to get going on starting a business. Hopefully even have another dog too.

Anyway I hope everyone has a good New Year and look forward to chatting with you all.

Gordon & Clyde.post-11830-027073200 1293829975_thumb.jpg

Welcome to Ontario Gordon & Clyde! There are a few of us Ontario folk here :) Good luck with your goose control work. There should be plenty of work avaialable for a well trained dog and handler :) Here are a couple of links to the Canadian Border Collie Association and the Ontario Border Collie Club :)

http://www.canadianbordercollies.org/

http://www.ontariobordercollieclub.com/

Happy New Year!!

Welcome back Gordon; sorry we couldn't get together when you were here last year.

The other person nearby you is Mary Thompson; she trials in USBCHA regularly and has a flock of scottish black face for training (make you feel like you are at home). PM me if you want a contact email

Amanda Milliken regularly has Bobby Henderson over for judging and clinics...just keep your eye on the Ontario border collie club website. We might have a trial at Amanda's tomorrow...depending on her fields...

Hopefully we'll run into you sometime in the near future

Cynthia Palmer (out near Peterborough)

Thanks, I'll get in touch with Mary and see what training she does. I found a place outside London, where I took Clyde once. It was good to start to get him around the sheep, but I didn't click with the trainer. Maybe I was comparing him to Julie Hill, and the are completely different. So not fare.

I don't know if anyone has heard of him. Ron Forbes at Glen Erran Kennels. The mainly deal with Aussies, but have one BC. Let me know if he is know as a good or bad trainer.

I hope to meet some of you now, since I am living here now.

Archived