BC Boards

Dogs and Facebook

Has anyone else created a Facebook for their dogs? My family makes fun of me so much for it, but if you look around there are so many with their own facebook and myspace profiles. I know, I probably had too much time on my hands when I did it, but I found so many great friends and play dates for my dogs.

I put Lewie on Dogbook, but that was only at the invitation of my former doggie day care facility. I don't use FB much and don't understand the nuances of it. Actually, I think FB is one of the biggest wastes of time on the Internet. But, that's just me.

edit to add: I much prefer wasting my time here, the Irish Wolfhound forum, and the piano forum. :D

Well, there is a Facebook page for Fergie. But it's really mine. Long story about my not being quite as good at computer stuff as I thought I was.

DH refuses to even look at Facebook, but it's how I keep up with my niece and nephew and relatives in Lithuania, who rarely answer emails, never mind regular mail.

It's also how I can see my brother's fantastic photos - mostly of northern Vermont and New Hampshire. And skiing. Do check them our: he's Alan Lambert.

FB is cracking down on dog pages. But there are many BC folks around the world there including some well known handlers. Many people keep dog pictures up. and there are several groups for Border collies and for training.

One of the girls at our barn created a facebook profile for her horse, Freddy. Everyone stays in character when posting on his status. Funny stuff.

Archived