BC Boards

Everything Is Illuminated

geonni banner

Everything Is Illuminated (2005)

Elijah Wood, Eugene Hutz, Liev Schreiber (Director) | Rated: PG-13

This is a great movie for many reasons. It's funny, sad, inspiring and offbeat. But the best part is this dog! Well, maybe not the best part, but she definitely is more than a walk-on. She's an outspoken "seeing eye bitch" for an old Ukrainian guy who isn't blind.

post-10533-081065000 1291919039_thumb.jpg

Everything Is Illuminated (2005)

Elijah Wood, Eugene Hutz, Liev Schreiber (Director) | Rated: PG-13

This is a great movie for many reasons. It's funny, sad, inspiring and offbeat. But the best part is this dog! Well, maybe not the best part, but she definitely is more than a walk-on. She's an outspoken "seeing eye bitch" for an old Ukrainian guy who isn't blind.

I also enjoyed the book - though you lose the fun of watching the "seeing eye bitch". (Perhaps not to everyone's taste, though...but then 'offbeat' appeals to me).

I liked the book and the movie both, though they were different, but the movie was definitely enhanced by the "seeing eye bitch." Who btw belonged to the grandfather who was serving as the driver!

I tend to like anything with a dog and anything associated with Liev Schreiber, so this movie had two things in its favor.

• 3 weeks later...

More movie trivia. Eugene Hutz, the guy that plays Alex in the movie, sings the song at the end of the movie (Start Wearing Purple) with his band Gogol Bordello. The band plays "Gypsy punk" music.

Definitely off the wall movie. But we love off the wall anything.

Archived