BC Boards

How They Give You Joy

Star

A few minutes ago I came in from my run and plopped down to do some abs. For some reason, Star decided to come and lick attack my face! Of course, it tickled and I giggled. This was joy to her ears and she decided it was her mission to make me laugh. We spent the next few minutes with me trying to cover my face and her trying to get licks in. I was laughing so hard it hurt and she was wiggling all over. What fun we had. I haven't laughed like that in too long, and it seems she knew that's just what I needed!

Oh, I have had the same experience. In fact, if I really need cheering up I just lie down on my back on the floor and along come the dogs to do the job. They always succeed, too. I love waking in the night to hear my dog snoring quietly with his back pressed into mine in the bed......and I really, truly cannot imagine what my mornings would be like if I did not wake up to two black and white faced dogs staring at me! Now that I have had Life With Border Collies I cannot imagine life without them.

--D'Elle

...and I really, truly cannot imagine what my mornings would be like if I did not wake up to two black and white faced dogs staring at me! Now that I have had Life With Border Collies I cannot imagine life without them.

Mine don't stare, they nudge, nuzzle, lick and prod. No man made alarm clock is so reliable or effective as a pack of border collies (but I admit they're short on features; there's no weekend / holiday settings ).

Laughter is my favorite way to work the abs. Actually, it's the only way I work my abs

And I thought I was being lazy, who know I was working my abs. Now if my abs only showed all that laughter!

Truely, I had a very rough year last year. If it wasn't for my dogs, there were some times that I think I wouldn't have smiled or laughed for weeks. When I was at my worst, Dew never ceased to be a clown or lovebug, which ever I was needing at the time.

Hat's off to doggy love!

The day I got laid off my job I came home midday to an empty house. Jodi and Bella came and sat by me with their heads on my lap and their bodies pressed against my legs. They stayed really still for a long time. It was very sweet. In the next few weeks taking them out for walks and playing with them kept me from staring at the wall in dismay. Mid fifties, bad economy, not a lot of openings at my level in my field, blah, blah, blah. The dogs made me feel needed and wanted, and every day they kept me laughing. It is hard to be gloomy when someone tosses a toy in your lap every time you sit down.

I can't imagine a life without my dogs. They help me keep things in perspective!

My best friend's daughter was killed in a car accident this week. It was a very difficult week. I'd come home every night from her house very depressed. My new foster, Caleb, would come over and give me a face lick and then I'd sit back and watch the puppy channel. Is there anything funnier than watching a puppy bound around the yard? He'd chase his tail, run and run and somersault..grab a shoe and look at me all smiles and innocence when I asked for it back. You could see Jedi and Cadi practically rolling their eyes at him. He makes me laugh and I'm thankful I have him right now.

I can relate to all of these. When i was unemployed, the dogs were my only source of comfort and friendship (and fun).

When Mother died, they did the bit where they very quietly sat all around me and pressed up against me. Didn't bark, didn't try for petting, snax, anything---just sat quietly with me.

It's so funny when I holler, "Get in the van!" and they race to my van and hop into their "house" (crates) to trustingly go wherever I take them...

Interesting, this week I went to Dallas for business and stayed at a friend's. The girls hadn't been there in over a year, and have only been there two or three times overall. We went in and they immediately ran to the back door, wagging tails and wanting to go out....

They are a constant source of delight for me, and I wouldn't take a million dollars for each.

Archived