BC Boards

Arizona/East Phoenix/Mesa Folks

Cerb turned one October 31st and I would like to start training him in agility (or other) for something to keep us both occupied and sharpen his general skill set. Is there a good trainer/training facility in the Mesa/Gilbert/Queen Creek, AZ area that someone might suggest?

Cerb is sharp as a tack, a bit big and leggy, has great speed and no herding instinct.

If you Google agility clubs in Phoenix you should find lots of clubs. You could also do stock work. Email me at hsnrs@powerc.net and I can recommend some clubs and facilities.

The Google is my friend....I just wanted a knowledgable recommendation from someone who knew the particulars in this area.

I'm not sure about Agility groups, but I used to be apart of a flyball team down there before we moved to WA. If you look up Phoenix Hot Pawsuit, they are a great group and do not pressure you or your dog into competing until you both are 100% ready. :) Plus the team just has a lot of fun together, its not all about racing and winning, its more about the fun and love of dogs.

Well, Cerb has his firs agility class tonight at MLF Dogsports. It should be a really fun way to continue developing his off lead skills and help cement the bonding process during his adolescence.

On a side note: Cerb really is my first dog. We had family dogs when I was growing up but I never really treated them as anything other then warm, fuzzy toys. Cerb has changed that. He's growing up to be a wonderful, handsome, smart, sweet natured and athletic boy. We've now had him for a year and he has gone from a 5 lb wiggly puppy to a 56 lb youngster that runs like Secretariat but still gets wiggly when I get home. Ya gotta love that.

Archived