BC Boards

How to keep snowballs out of hair?

Rave

Musher's Secret does the trick. I rub it on my dogs' paws, of course, but also put a bit on their undersides in deep snow. I have also heard you can spritz them with Pam or some other cooking spray, but haven't had to resort to that yet.

huh now that's a possibility. It's worth a shot at least. Yeah the feet aren't an issue just everywhere else except the tops of their backs. I don't want to get them all greasy, that'd be gross, especially when they came back inside.

Hey all, any tricks for keeping all those annoying snowballs out of the dog's hair when they're romping in the snow? I have two furry monsters who get them all over. Another reason I prefer the smoothies! ;-)

Thanks!

I asked the same question a few weeks back. :) Someone on here said to try Vasiline... I went ahead and got some, and it works really well for feet, and I've started just running my hands down his legs and underbelly after I'm done doing his feet since my hands are still a little greasy. :D

If you do use Show Sheen - just spray it on your dog OUTDOORS (unless you want the interior of your house to turn into a skating rink!).

Seriously. The overspray makes your floor incredibly slick. Not a good combination with bits of melting snow. I don't yet know how well Show Sheen works on icy snowballs in dog's fur (I didn't try Snow Sheen until this spring), but I'm planning on giving it a go this winter.

And as far as snowy feet go - last winter we had success with some galoshes that we bought from the pet store. Duncan *hated* the way that the rock salt spread on all the snow we got last winter felt on his feet if they were naked. These galoshes stayed on his feet well (even in deep snow), and he could weather any salt spread down.

4441041733_de47e524bc_z.jpg

The easiest answer is ya'll just need to move to Texas! :lol:

:lol:

Smooths are nice on so many levels. :D

(We just came in from shoveling snow and feeding horses. The rough coats have snow balls hanging from every where and the smoothies are clean as a whistle).

Archived