BC Boards

My herding pictionary ;)

Maja

A Polish dog training forum asked me to write a dictionary of herding terms, because they kept getting confused (mostly they are just interested in herding but do not do it themselves, since they have other breeds than BCs). So I came up with a short list and took a few pictures with my "conversation items" I use when talking with my friends about herding. The angel-turned-shepherdess was a gift from my DH students.

The first picture I was didn't' have room to show arrows quite correctly:

P16303451.jpg

P1630347.jpg

P16303391.jpg

P16303431.jpg

P16303421.jpg

P16303511.jpg

P16303401.jpg

P16303411.jpg

P16303491.jpg

P16303481.jpg

They seem to like it :D

Maja

:) :) I'm glad you like it. I got tired of my DH and I trying to tell each other the interesting things that happened during his herding and my herding and waving our hands at the table, so I got these. So it seemed natural to use them when I was asked to explain things to the doggie-people.

"I have some plastic wolves and a plastic T-Rex we could...."

:lol: :lol: , I definitely think we could :D :D

Maja

I love it!! Fantastic... :-)

I'm just curious though, you said, "mostly they are just interested in herding but do not do it themselves, since they have other breeds than BCs"... what other breeds do they have? Do they not have herding breeds or do they think because they don't have Border Collies that they cannot work sheep?

I'm just curious though, you said, "mostly they are just interested in herding but do not do it themselves, since they have other breeds than BCs"... what other breeds do they have? Do they not have herding breeds or do they think because they don't have Border Collies that they cannot work sheep?

Actually they are mostly not even herding breeds. The forum is called "canine matters" and the members are really interested in dog training, and they all train their dogs for something. That's why I agreed to show them Bonnie's development from birth basically. Oddly enough, I think the most interested people are hunting breeds owners, they are also the ones that seem to understand the type of relationship that takes place between the shepherd and the dog. But it's all a bit of a mystery to me, because I would think that for a non-herding person it must be the most boring thing in the world to follow. But they read my 'reports', ask questions, and watch Bonnie's videos. And now that she started actually learning things the need for the dictionary came up.

I've got to fix that first photo though.

Maja

Archived