BC Boards

BC girl in OH needs help

I am posting this here with permission from the person who contacted me. The contact info is in the message. Hopefully someone with the time and patience to work with her will read this and consider taking her on. Poor thing.:

____________________________________-

Subject: need help with a border collie

Hi,

I work at the Portage Animal Protective League in Ravenna, Ohio. We have a 3 year old female BC named Molly that we need to get into a rescue. She spent most of her life living in a crate in a basement. She is perfectly comfortable in her kennel. If we try to get her to spend time out of her kennel other than to potty, she panics. If left outside for more than a few minutes, she will paw at the fence until her feet bleed. If we take her into our dog playroom, she panics. She prefers the closed in feeling of her kennel. That is where she seems to feel secure. She is very quiet, gentle & well-mannered. She would need to be here long term to work with her on her issues & we do not have the staff to dedicate the time she needs & deserves. Can you help us out or suggest a rescue group who might be able to help. Many thanks for responding ASAP.

Thank you,

Kathy

Dog Associate

PAPL

330-296-4022 ext 105

Oh, dear...

I just woke from a dream that a border collie girl showed up, with no home, at the park, and Buddy and I took her in, and Buddy liked her right off the bat.

::Sigh::

More likely, he'd kill her in her sleep. So, no realistic hope from me, though she sounds absolutely lovely and like she will blossom.

Mary

• 1 month later...

Mariann and I looked into this dog...she sanpped at our deaf dog...then went to circling the room she was in...scratched at both doors and the window...never once acknowledged us and was only comfortable in a kennel...I think she is a puppy mill dog and needs lots of work...good luck to anyone with the time and patience to rescue her...as of today she is no longer on the site...I hope someone was able to help her...Greg

This is just the type of dog I would love to work with....I just don't have funding for a second dog and my first dog really needs to be the only dog.

I hope she's found a good home.

Archived