BC Boards

Borderdoodles *sigh*

I'm curious to know if anyone else has seen Borderdoodles popping up in their area? There is a breeder near me who used to produce some really, really nice BC litters and has now gone over to the "dark side" and is breeding Borderdoodles.

http://secure.adpay.com/ClicknBuy.aspx?p=1006&adid=12831425

My friend has two BC that she bred and they are superb dogs. I just don't know what would inspire a person to cross a Poodle with a BC.

I used to want a dog from this breeder, but no more! I always found her horse breeding practices questionable and I guess it eventually seeped into her dog breeding philosophies as well. :blink:

I'm curious to know if anyone else has seen Borderdoodles popping up in their area? There is a breeder near me who used to produce some really, really nice BC litters and has now gone over to the "dark side" and is breeding Borderdoodles.

My friend has two BC that she bred and they are superb dogs. I just don't know what would inspire a person to cross a Poodle with a BC, especially when they used to have such a good breeding program.

I used to want a dog from this breeder, but no more! I always found her horse breeding practices questionable and I guess it eventually seeped into her dog breeding philosophies as well. :blink:

How much can she sell them for? The doodles sell for big money around here.

I just don't know what would inspire a person to cross a Poodle with a BC, especially when they used to have such a good breeding program.

The caption on one of the photos gives a hint:

Chocolate Male Poodle x Border Collie. He will be non-shedding.

We get many people at adoption event who ask "Do they shed?".

What's with the ABCA registered? I'm sure they mean the dam, but very misleading to John Q who might run across this ad. But then misleading claims are what sells these poo's and doodles or pretty much pups from any substandard breeding practices.

The ABCA registration threw me, too, but I think that's referring to the BC puppies that she also has for sale in the ad.

The non-shedding line really irks me. NOBODY can guarantee that ANY doodle dog won't shed. Nor is every doodle dog hypoallergenic. It's just ridiculous.

I do wonder what their personalities are like -- only because it seems that any time you cross something intelligent (say, a Golden Retriever) with a Poodle (another intelligent dog), you end up with the dumbest dog on the planet. I'm scared to know how badly it would dumb down a BC. It's like some switch gets burnt out whenever you mix something with a poodle.

What's with the ABCA registered? I'm sure they mean the dam, but very misleading to John Q who might run across this ad. But then misleading claims are what sells these poo's and doodles or pretty much pups from any substandard breeding practices.

I've already contacted the breeder and asked them to get back to me on that with an explanation.

My guess is that one of the parents of the litter is "ABCA registered" but that the litter is not. I left them a phone message asking them to remove the "ABCA registered" part from their ad if in fact the litter is not ABCA registered.

Pearse

My friend has two BC that she bred and they are superb dogs. I just don't know what would inspire a person to cross a Poodle with a BC.

I hate to tell you, but this breeder has been having questionable breeding practices before she ever got into horses. I have been telling people for years to stay away from her. I was very displeased when she started breeding the borderdoodles and she did breed some aussiedoodles too.

There is no way to guarantee that these puppies will not shed!

JMO

Kathy

Nor is every doodle dog hypoallergenic.

That is because the canine proteins that humans react to are not produced by the skin or are associated with coat type.

The major dog allergens, Can f 1 and Can f 2, are salivary lipocalin proteins: cloning and immunological characterization of the recombinant forms.

I have unfortunatly had the displeasure of meeting a few grown border/doodles..Other than the charactersitic white ring and tipped tail under there mop of matted curls there is NO likeness to a border collie in that brain...NO FOCUS at all..even to the point where all three doodles I met had to be caught by there owner when they needed to collect there dog after a romp..

All three I have met pounced around aimlessly, chasing this and that...they actually behaved like 99% of all labradoodles or goldendoodles I have met...nothing going on up-stairs..

There was NOTHING about them that even resembled a border collie...which I started to think might not be a bad thing...

...and they are just plain UGLY...

I hate to tell you, but this breeder has been having questionable breeding practices before she ever got into horses. I have been telling people for years to stay away from her. I was very displeased when she started breeding the borderdoodles and she did breed some aussiedoodles too.

There is no way to guarantee that these puppies will not shed!

JMO

Kathy

YEs, the add alone (aside from the doodles) would have sent me running...the classifieds? no mention of working, etc...mom looks very heavy...looks like a BYB to me.

:/ definitely not a fan of any poodle cross...My roommate has a labradoodle and she's probably one of the stupidest dogs I've known. She retains no information...it took FOREVER to teach her how to sit, something Brady learned in the course of twenty minutes. She's also incredibly smelly, Brady may shed but at least he doesn't smell like dead animal. I'll never understand why people have "doodle mania".

The Border Collie x Standard Poodle cross pups are not ABCA registered (of course) and the breeder will either alter the ad to reflect this or remove it. The confusion was the result of a badly worded ad.

It seems as though some of the other pups for sale in the same ad may be Border Collies which are ABCA registered.

Pearse

Brady may shed but at least he doesn't smell like dead animal. I'll never understand why people have "doodle mania".

This exactly.

My little girls may shed, but they generally don't stink.

One of the biggest problems I have as a Dad to BC's is that, having had BC's, I can now never have a stupid dog again. It would drive me crazy. I am now accustomed to talking to the dogs like humans and having them understand.

I give them treats every day; Bessie at first was lunging and nipping at them to get them. Took me exactly two (2) treats to teach her "Gentle!" Two. Literally. She now very, very softly takes the treat from my fingers. It's amazing how fast they learn.

I, too, fail to understand "doodlemania". Is it really that hard to sweep and vacuum?

Archived