BC Boards

lost tooth today

DrewGrimey

I was tossing the frisbee with my pup today till I noticed a red spot and her bottom front tooth was missing. I'm really worried because I believe she is done teething and this may be a permanent tooth. She is 5 days shy of being 7 months old, what do i do if it's an adult tooth?

Not much you can do but I would suspect with her age that it was a puppy tooth. If it really was an adult tooth, have her checked by the vet to make sure the entire tooth is gone and the roots are not bothering her. I do hope it's a soft frisbee you all are playing with!

after some research I'm pretty sure its her adult tooth.. This really bummed me out today, my pup lost her beautiful smile :( My fault for using the cheap plastic frisbee my girl got my dog

If your dog is 7 mos old then you are right it is probably a permanent tooth. The incisors are the first to go- around 13-14 weeks.

Don't feel too bad though. My girl Gilly was counter surfing-literally with all four paws!- and fell on her face smashing out her incisors (front teeth) on the concrete floor (pix below- don't look of you're squeamish). It took 2 surgeries to get all the roots out. That was 7? years ago & she has done fine. She even broke another one 3 years ago fence fighting with a dog that was locked in a Vari Kennel (brat!:))

Here is the pre-surgery pic:

WARNING BROKEN TEETH PICTURE BELOW (A LITTLE BLURRY TOO- SORRY)

post-10573-012754300 1287460660_thumb.jpg

Archived